Activism grants

apply for an
activism grant
application form
the organization can apply for the whole group before 1 April following the concerning calendar year

An activism grant is a reward for members of a board, committee or team

The Activism Grants Regulation is part of the FOBOS (Financial Support for Special Circumstances of Students). A distinction is made between full-time and part-time boards/teams. For part-time grants, credits obtained are not taken into account. The awarding of full-time grants does depend on credits obtained.

The Student Union, together with the umbrella organizations, allocates the available grants to the organizations. The Personal Circumstances Committee (CPO) assesses the applications on behalf of the Executive Board. In case of questions, please contact the CPO registry or a student counsellor.

The recognized period

You are only eligible for activism grants if the term falls within the compensation period (= standard course duration plus 1 extension year, also known as C+1 period (this does not apply to members of the University Council)) and received a positive binding recommendation (BSA) before the eligibility period. The compensation period counts from the moment of the first enrolment for such a programme at UT. Thus:

The application procedure

The application for the group

The umbrella organizations and Student Union allocate the grants. After the concerning calendar year, the eligible organizations submit an application before April 1st through the online application form. For more information see the FAQ.

The individual student

If your organization has applied for grants on your behalf, you will receive an email (in your UT mailbox) with the request to complete the application with your data. Contact the CPO registry when your UT account has expired.
See the FAQ for the necessary requirements.

Change in the board during the calendar year

Activism grants are allocated per calendar year. If there is a change in the board during the calendar year, the grants must be divided between the members of both boards. The exact active period of the board should be specified. Note: no more than one grant per active board month can be awarded.

Part-time or Full-time grant

Additional and Ad Hoc grants

Next to activism grants for board members (basic list), there are also grants for additional and ad hoc activities. The Student Union and umbrella boards together allocate those grants to qualified associations/organizations. The application procedure is as described above.

Activism grants for entrepreneurs

From the academic year 2023/2024, a pilot for entrepreneurial grants has been launched. This will give entrepreneurial students the chance to put their studies on hold for a year and focus entirely on their start-ups. Information on the conditions and the selection procedure can be found on the Student Union site.

FAQ Activism grants

Fobos Regulation (pdf)