Research data management (RDM), the handling of research data during the entire research process, has a high priority at the University of Twente. Open Science, the new code for scientific integrity and FAIR data form the context of a recently launched RDM policy at the UT. For this reason, a project is started within the University of Twente. It is a joint initiative of the Library, ICT services & Archive department (LISA), the Strategy & Policy department (S&P) and the five faculties of the University of Twente.
In the context of this project, data stewards will be appointed that can support researchers with all parts of RDM such as a datamanagement plan, data collection, data storage, data cleaning, data analysis and long term archiving.
The data stewards will shape the services together with the information specialists, the account managers of LISA and the research support staff at the faculties.
- you actively work on raising RDM awareness among researchers and students;
- you support researchers and students with their RDM, on all parts;
- you assist researchers and research groups in translating the UT RDM policy into the daily practice of their work;
- you can take a user's perspective and are able to translate their needs into technology and IT infrastructure;
- you take the initiative in establishing short and long-term contacts with researchers to discuss RDM matters;
- you can translate questions from researchers and students into possible new services and advise the project team on this;
- you provide training in the field of RDM;
- you follow (inter) national developments in the RDM field, keep abreast of new tools and software and you consider whether and how you can use these.
The data stewards get an appointment at the Embedded Information Services (EIS) department of the LISA service, where the information specialists and the data librarian are also appointed. Work is carried out under the supervision of the project manager of the RDM implementation project. Your workplace will be located at the faculties. You will work together with the research support staff of the faculty, the the data librarian, the information specialists and the account managers of LISA.
What we ask:
- a master's degree and at least two years of relevant work experience. You have demonstrable experience with and knowledge of the management of research data and / or privacy-sensitive data; having a Phd is an advantage.
- you have knowledge of software and other IT facilities that are required for RDM and you have basic knowledge of programming work that is required for RDM in terms of analysis and version management;
- experience in building and maintaining relationship networks. As an independent professional you are an equal discussion partner for your contacts at the faculty;
- you have experience with scientific research in a university environment or similar setting;
- you are strong in coming up with creative solutions, advising and transferring and sharing knowledge, both to groups and individually;
- Good command of the English language, fluency in Dutch is preferred.
This role also requires personal qualities to which keywords apply such as: customer-oriented, analytical ability, result-oriented, initiative-rich, organization-sensitive, networker and team player.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For information you can contact the University Librarian Mrs. Dr. M. Drent (053) 4892081 (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting references and/or an assessment and an employment screening can be part of the procedure.
We offer a temporary appointment for one year. There is the possibility that based on the project results the position of datasteward will become a permanent position. The size of this position is between 24 and 38 hours a week.
The salary, on a full-time basis, depending on education and experience, is a minimum of € 2709 and a maximum of € 4978 gross per month (scale 10/11 collective labor agreement Dutch Universities).
In addition, the University of Twente offers attractive secondary employment conditions.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Library, IT Support & Archive Department (LISA) provides the Library, IT and Archive support for more than 10.000 students and 3300 employees of the University of Twente.