Bursting the Bubble is a University Innovation Fellows project initiative by a team of students, driven by a strong belief and drive to improve education, at the University of Twente that strives to strengthen the ties between the UT campus and the city happenings and culture of Enschede.
The project was founded upon the desire to make a valuable impact on our campus to improve the UT student’s experience during their time in Enschede. We found that many students, especially students not originally from Enschede or Twente, share an uninformed perception of the happenings, culture, and opportunities in the city of Enschede and that the geographical position of the campus makes the area act as a bubble that separates the students on and nearby campus from the city centre, creating a lack of integration by students.
Strengthening the ties between the campus and the city of Enschede gives the opportunity for students to enrich their experience in Enschede and provides the city with the opportunity to fuel the entrepreneurial and creative spirit and enrich Enschede’s culture people from around the world.
The mission is to ...
- expose the colours of Enschede and reveal the cultural climate of the city.
- inform non-local students about the opportunities the city has to offer and broaden the perception of Enschede.
- encourage engagement with city happenings and bring non-locals and locals closer together.
With this, we strive to achieve our long-term vision of ...
- We strengthen ties between UT students & municipality/locals/regional education
- We turn students into ambassadors of Enschede.
- We bring the city happenings & students closer together.
Bursting the bubble consists of the following Fellows.
Edo de Wolf
Alejandro García Navarrete
In case you are interested in collaborating with us or if you have any questions, then you can contact us via Jessica Haak (firstname.lastname@example.org).