The 2018 symposium on Applications of Superconductivity and Cryogenics will be held on November 30th. This annual one-day symposium is organized by the research chair Energy, Materials and Systems (EMS) and the chair Industrial Applications of Superconductivity (ITS). The symposium is taking place on Friday November 30 in building “Vrijhof” at the beautiful campus of the University of Twente.
Our science and technology projects on superconductivity and cryogenics that we perform in cooperation with companies, other universities and research institutes are presented. The program also includes a report on the achievements of the special research chair ITS and on the developments concerning the Foundation SuperACT.
During the day you will be updated on recent developments in the field of superconductivity and cryogenics. This event will also allow you to meet our partners in research and development. We highly value your comments on objectives, content, and planning of our research program.
Among others, the topics that are covered are:
- Development of a 4 MW superconducting wind-turbine generator (EU-EcoSwing project)
- Superconductivity in Medical Accelerators for Cancer Treatment with Charged Particles
- Magnetic Density Separation using Superconducting Magnets
- Cryogenic Solutions for Oncology
- ReBCO-CORC based Cable-in-Conduit Superconductors and Coils for very high currents
- High Temperature Superconducting Magnet developments at CERN
- Superconducting Linear Motor Developments for waver positioning
- Superconducting Coils for DeGaussing a Ship
- Plans for the Einstein telescope for gravitational wave astronomy and its cryogenic challenges
- …..and much more.
Attendance is by invitation only. In case you are interested and have not received an invitation yet, please send an email to the address below with a brief motivation. Further details on the program will be published shortly.
Phone: + 31 53 489 3841
Marcel ter Brake, chair holder EMS
Herman ten Kate, chair holder ITS