Within the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET), the Department of Biomechanical Engineering has a strong focus on medical robotics and human-robot interaction and collaboration. We have an excellent infrastructure, such as the DesignLab, the Rapid Prototyping Lab, the Wearable Robotics Lab, the Surgical Robotics Lab and other research labs and workshops.
We have an opening for a highly motivated assistant professor in the area of human-robot interaction.
Are you ready to contribute to improve human robot interaction?
- Contribute and expand to the existing research lines of the department. Ranging from advice to actual research and development, and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD students. Your specific contribution would be to improve the mechanics, control and interfaces of human robot-interaction in medical and industrial settings;
- Initiate and acquire funding for new research activities, actively look for (international) partners to build consortia;
- Contribute to the educational programs of the departments. These include Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering on bachelor and master level.
- You have affinity with mechanics or control of robotic systems.
- You hold a PhD in technical sciences;
- You have a strong interest in operating at crossroads of different disciplines;
- You have knowledge of and experience in robotics;
- You have good communication skills;
- You have a passion for, or the ambition to become a creative teacher;
- You have motivation to work in the biomedical field.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world with your research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
Information and application
For further information, please contact prof.dr.ir Herman van der Kooij; email email@example.com, phone +31 53 4894779.
If you are interested you can upload your application, including motivation letter, references, research and educational vision, CV and a full publication list before August 31, 2019 using the link below.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A gross salary between € 3.255,- and € 5.656,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 1 or 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.