Are you passionate about developing research into real-life solutions? Do you enjoy developing innovative ways of collaboration between researchers and the public or private sector in order to develop a value for our society? Then we have several opportunities for you to join the Strategic Business Development (SBD) team at the University of Twente.
The SBD team develops partnerships between the university and its partners with the objective of growing the university’s impact. For our corporate development activities, we are seeking partnership developers, account managers, and business developers to strengthen our growing team.
Can you add a new perspective to our team? We are excited to meet you!
With a growing demand for support, we want to fill several positions focusing on the development of sustainable partnerships. As impact development manager within SBD:
- You are jointly responsible for establishing and putting together sustainable relationships with major industrial customers, partnerships and platforms, including the acquisition of external financing in our research fields.
- You support, advise, and guide researchers and consortia within the organization, and expand the network of contacts.
- You build creative business models and you are the link between operational and corporate level, both at the customer and within the internal organization.
- You create support for your plans at all levels and you are closely involved in their implementation and evaluation.
- You work in a team of impact development managers.
We are looking for enthusiastic team members who have experience in (most of) these activities. Together with the selected candidates, we will further develop the specific roles in the team; for example your focus on either business- or program development, impact and partnerships management, for instance in partnerships on Artificial Intelligence, MedTech, Energy Transition, Smart Industry, and Photonics.
A strong relationship builder with a commercial mindset who can switch between different layers of the organization. You have experience in building successful public-public or public-private partnerships and you can motivate researchers to participate in these initiatives. You know how to work in a team of professionals and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- You have completed technical or business education at the university level, preferably in one of the strategic research areas of the University of Twente;
- Knowledge of research and innovation dynamics, methods and projects;
- You have experience in setting up or leading PPP research projects or programs, building sustainable partnerships and attracting dedicated funding.
- Experience in enthusiastically supporting the development of business with new customers.
- Enjoys working in a team, but can also balance a high degree of professional autonomy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in Dutch and in English (*C1).
- You have the ability to create and maintain senior-level networks and relationships with external parties and focused at (multidisciplinary) cooperation and bridging disciplines;
- You are ambitious, innovative and result-focused;
- Your drive is to find opportunities and develop projects for the long term.
We offer both challenging part- and full-time positions in an inspiring multidisciplinary and industrial-academic environment, within a university which continuously improves the collaboration with industry and startups.
The appointment will initially be for a one-year period with the prospect of extension. We strive for a mix of junior and senior employees. The rating will be based on your background and relevant experience and can vary between scale 10 and 13 (€ 3.255,-- / € 6.133,-- gross per month). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, an 8% holiday allowance, and an 8,3% end of year bonus.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact Geert Dewulf (email@example.com) or Janneke Hoedemaekers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application up until 18 November 2019 at the latest by filling in the form including a motivation letter and current CV (choose ‘apply now’ below). A reference check or an assessment may be part of the procedure.
Screening is also part of the application procedure.
*) English: Global level C1
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team helps to increase the economic and social impact of the UT by connecting excellent UT research with society and the market (both nationally and internationally) in an effective and distinctive way. SBD specifically contributes to the university's broad valorization objective by increasing and broadening the number of strategic and sustainable partnerships with companies, funds, Top Consortiums for Knowledge and Innovation (TKIs), non-profit organizations such as hospitals, and governments (regional, national and international).
SBD acts proactively, creates and responds to opportunities where they arise in order to generate impact and realize the ambitions. SBD acts on the demand of society and helps scientists in the initial phase of collaborations. SBD also provides expertise to the UT organization and its stakeholders for shaping the collaboration, so that it ultimately lands within the relevant faculties and/or research groups.
SBD believes in the power of collaboration both within and outside the university. SBD’s role is one of facilitation, while also providing direction and coordination as necessary, all in close collaboration with research institutes, faculties, research centers, Novel-T, HTT, and other parties. The SBD organization consists of a Grants Office, Corporate Impact Development, and project management pool. The team sources external expertise as necessary. SBD ensures that the expertise is available for making such collaborations work.