The Department of Teacher Development ELAN of the University of Twente has a great deal of knowledge and experience with regard to teacher professionalization and school leaders (school leader training, school development). In addition, the department conducts much research into how professionalization can contribute to improving teaching quality and student achievement.
The research to be commenced focuses on administrative capacity and professionalization in secondary education: what internal and external professionalization incentives exist in secondary education, how are these dealt with by school boards and to what extent do they lead to the better functioning of teachers and other employees within schools?
The core of the research consists of a combination of a survey research with (exploratory and in-depth) case studies. The research is conducted in collaboration with the University of Groningen and you work within a consortium that has a great deal of expertise with respect to quantitative and qualitative educational research.
- You have a PhD degree in educational science/public administration and your (research) interest covers areas such as public administration.
- You have sufficient research experience and experience with publishing in academic journals.
- You like to work independently, but you are also able to collaborate with colleagues and with educational practitioners.
- You are strong in organizing processes, are flexible and have social skills.
- You have good communication skills, with the emphasis on strong written expression.
- You have a good command of the Dutch language and your English is at least at the C1 level.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Applications should be submitted before 24th of February 2020. With your application please include a curriculum vitae, motivational and research statement, list of publications and preferably 2 references.
A description of the research project is available (in Dutch).
For further information about this position you can contact prof. A.J. (Adrie) Visscher (phone: +31 53 489 3609, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
More information about the Department of Teacher development within the faculty BMS can be found on the following website: https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/elan/
- You will be appointed for 32 hours per week. The starting data will be April 1st, 2020 and end date 31th December 2022.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- Starting salary is between € 3.255,- to € 4.274,- gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
- A dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Professional and personal development programmes.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behaviour, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society. Research is strongly connected to our institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.