The Department of Biomechanical Engineering at the University of Twente is currently seeking for a full professor in the areas of Biomedical Engineering or Robotics. We are specialized in Biomedical Technology, integrating several mechanical engineering disciplines. We are part of the Technical Medical Centre of the University, with a mission to improve healthcare by personalized technology. We excel in wearable, surgical robotics, soft robotics and rehabilitation robotics and biomechanics.
We are searching for a female scientist to strengthen and broaden our research portfolio in biomedical engineering and robotics. We are looking for an ambitious team-player who will initiate and lead novel scientific research and education programs and (inter-)national networks. Together with the other full professors, you will be responsible for the management of the department.
- Your research expertise is within the fields of biomedical engineering or robotics and complementary to the ongoing research at the University of Twente.
- You are an excellent researcher.
- You have a clear and inspiring vision on the future development of the field.
- You have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning.
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and your managerial skills make the difference.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
- A full time tenured position as professor with a competitive salary and benefits.
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many countries all over the world.
- A start-up package
- Excellent research facilities.
- Extras such as an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance.
- Inclusion in the ABP pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- A minimum of 29 holidays, and an additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment.
- Professional and personal development programs
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. Perrett Laver may be contacted for informal enquiries and questions about the post on +31 (0)20 240 4378 or Petra Stiblikova Project Manager.
Applications can be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates, quoting reference number 3907. The deadline for applications is 9am CET on March 14th, 2019.
Please don’t use the “apply now” – button at the bottom of this page.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.