We are looking for a PhD candidate who likes to develop new approaches, methodologies and solutions in the domain of Design automation and design for manufacturing. You are industry focused, which means that you know and understand the customers in your specific domain. You understand their challenges, needs and you can establish a good relationship with them. Design proposals for industry and work on these projects. Depending on the number of projects you work on, we expect you to attend events, initiate own events and develop your own network. On an academic level you make a research plan, budget proposal plan, plan rollout, supervise support staff (students), reporting and write your thesis. The projects you will work on will vary from short projects (order of weeks) to projects that run over a couple of years.
- Be the technical expert in the field of automated design and design for manufacturing;
- Approach and interact with industry;
- Make frameworks and proposals or new potential projects connected to the PhD topic;
- Represent us at different occasions: workshops, conferences, network events etc;
- Develop knowledge and competencies in the specific domain that will be part of your technical involvement;
- Will be delivering high quality project management at least for own projects;
- Will be guiding students link to their technical challenge;
• You hold a master’s degree in engineering.
• Main skills are:
- Topology optimization;
- Feature Engineering;
- Mathematic modeling of spatial constraints;
- Optimization Theory;
- CAD skills
- machine learning;
- product design;
- Proficiency in multiple languages : C++, Python, Java.
• Capacity to manage priorities and tight deadlines
• Proactive and solution minded
• Excellent communication skills
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Chantal Boomkamp- Eppink (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dr. Muhammad Niazi (email@example.com)
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and motivation letter, before March1, 2020, using the link below.
We offer a challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary industrial-academic environment, at a university that is continuously improving its cooperation with industry and startups.
• Fulltime position for a period of 4 year, with the possibility of extension.
• A starting salary of € 2.325,- in the first year and a salary of € 2.972,- in the last year gross per month;
• A holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
• Minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment;
• Facilities for professional and personal development.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.