Do you want to contribute to a high quality working team? Do you want to continue developing your skills with a combination of education and work?
The two years lasting PDEng programme in Energy & Process Technology combines academic research in a professional context with education in a range of related subjects.
The project- Designing a themo-acoustic heat pump
The position is part of the Meerjarige Missiegedreven Innovatie Programma's (MMIP) grant, project 8.5 “Designing a themo-acoustic heat pump”. Following universities, knowledge institutes and industries are involved in this project: University of Twente, Blue Heart Energy, TNO, Fortes, Techneco, and Saxion.
More than 30% of the energy supply in The Netherlands is consumed by the built environment for heating and power. In the coming decades, this energy supply has to be made sustainable and for this purpose we need technology breakthroughs for energy conversion and storage while keeping an eye on the functionality of the entire energy system in the built environment.
The challenge of this project is to develop a silent, compact, smart and cost-efficient thermo-acoustic heat pump to provide the heat in an existing building. The PDEng student will focus on the design of a compact and cost-efficient heat exchanger for this new thermo-acoustic heat pump. For this purpose thermodynamic models and CFD-models have to be developed. The goal is to come with a new design of the heat exchanger fulfilling the given requirements.
We are looking for a highly skilled model developer to reinforce our team!
- You hold a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics or similar subjects.
- You have a thorough knowledge of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer. Knowledge or experiences with thermoacoustics is a strong plus.
- You have proven relevant expertise in in CFD modelling particularly programming with C++ (that is a must), experienced in working with FLUENT is a plus.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well in a team.
- You have experiences in doing multidisciplinary based research.
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills
- You are self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your own project.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact Dr. Mina Shahi for any questions you might have (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your application must include the following documents:
- A cover letter carefully describing research interests and goals
- CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
- Transcripts from your Bachelor and Master degrees
- Transcripts of your language certificates
The application deadline is February 15th 2020. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
Please note: you are required to fill in an additional questionnaire before we can process your application, via this link: Questionnaire
We offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. In this time we will provide you with a tailor made post-master design programme that has an educational component (~50%) as well as a design project (~50%).
- A salary of € 1.913 gross per month.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other activities.
On successfully completing the programme, you will receive a certified and recognised degree. You will be entitled to use the academic degree PDEng and will be registered as a Technological Designer in the Dutch register kept by the Royal Institution of Engineers in the Netherlands (KIVI).
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.