University College Twente (est. 2013) is the international Honours College of the University of Twente. Its Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences programme (ATLAS), aims to educate a new kind of engineer. An engineer that can work on modern engineering solutions that require not only technical but also social perspectives and understanding.
In order to educate such engineers, ATLAS has chosen a bold approach to teaching and learning by putting the student in the lead, and the individual academic development of students at the heart of the curriculum. Self-directed learning, Integration, Excellence, Community and Trailblazing are the core-values that ATLAS lives by and that create the distinctive and much-valued learning and teaching experience. Together, they support not so much a curriculum or a programme, but rather a distinctive learning and teaching experience. A learning experience that is focused on understanding, and a teaching experience that puts students in the lead of their academic development. Apart from ensuring an academic foundation through required domains in Natural Science, Social Science, and Math, our programme is not based on a specific set of prescribed courses, nor on curriculum requirements or restrictions. ATLAS students are encouraged to explore academic opportunities within and beyond what is offered by the programme.
We are small scale community of students and teachers with an annual inflow of about 50 students. The programme is part of the faculty ITC.
As education officer, you are supporting the development and implementation of the curriculum and the teaching and learning environment of the programme Technology Liberal Art and Sciences (ATLAS). You work in close cooperation with the Curriculum Committee and the Programme Director. Examples of topics in curriculum development include coherence within and between the semesters and Quality Assurance. Also, as the linking pin between students and programme, you also join in general tasks such as admission activities.
In view of the combination of tasks as outlined above, the successful applicant:
- is passionate about improving teaching and learning and curriculum development
- has the ability to quickly grasp the structure and requirements of the curriculum and the ATLAS PDP-SER cycle
- understands the student population and their perspectives and interest in relation to the development of the curriculum assessment and quality assurance
- has excellent organizational and administration support skills
- has completed a bachelor’s degree in Technology, Liberal Arts and Sciences
- has, preferably, experience in working on quality assurance issues in bachelor programmes
- is fluent in spoken and written English
- is proficient in spoken and written Dutch
- has excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Dr. Jasper Homminga (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application before 25 January 2020 (choose “apply here” below). Your application must include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed until 31 August 2020.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,579.- and € 3,445.- (UFO profile Education- and research officer level 3)
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Maximum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.