We are looking for a highly skilled researcher to reinforce our team!
The overall aim of this project is to increase the potential of the so called closed-loop TCM system by increasing the efficiency (i.e. decreasing the charge and discharge losses, a higher power uptake/release per volume and a lower regeneration temperature). As part of this project, the closed-loop heat battery will be modeled and analyzed to optimize the design and performance. The ultimate goal is to further develop the heat storage system from the 1st generation to a first user-ready system.
- You hold a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics or similar subjects.
- You have a thorough knowledge of fluid mechanics ( including including multiphase flows).
- You have proven relevant expertise in in CFD modelling particularly programming with C++ (that is a must), experienced in working with OpenFOAM is a plus.
- Your writing skills are good - you have written technical reports and/or scientific papers.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well in a team.
- You have excellent communication skills and good.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have experience in doing multidisciplinary based research.
- You have an interest in contributing to a high quality, impactful working team with several post docs and PhD candidates.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact Dr. Mina Shahi for any questions you might have (email email@example.com).
Your application must include the following documents:
• A cover letter carefully describing research interests and goals
• CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
• Transcripts from your Bachelor and Master degrees
• Transcripts of your language certificates
The application deadline is January 31th 2020. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
Please note: you are required to fill in an additional questionnaire before we can process your application, via this link: Questionnaire
A Game-Based assessment will be also part of the selection procedure.
We offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- We offer a four-year fulltime PhD position.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with which you will collaborate extensively with industry.
- A starting salary of € 2.325,00 gross per month in the first year and increasing to € 2.972 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other activities.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.