The University of Twente (UT) invites senior researchers with an excellent research and teaching record to apply for the position of Full Professor in Finance in the department of High Tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE), School of Behaviour Management and Social Sciences (BMS).
We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, international environment. HBE is a growing research department that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences, conducting cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative management and decision-making.
The university has been recognized nationally and internationally for its high-quality research and impact on society. Many spin-off companies were born in Twente. It is central in a vibrant ecosystem of innovative organizations. We perform ground-breaking research combining various high-tech business domains, such as smart-industry, information management, supply chain management, innovation management, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, financial management, human resource management, leadership and change management.
Our teaching and research in finance is linked to business development, investing, business modeling, value networks, and scaling of new business. Our work in Financial Engineering addresses models for pricing and risk management in international financial markets. We study Valuation: development of univocal valuation methods that balance societal and economic goals, and Game Theory: how to actually achieve this balance by cooperation and competition. Our studies in FinTech deal with the impact of Technology on financial markets, services and management. Growing volumes of real time data allow for more detailed analyses and enhanced predictions. We address not only individual firms, but emphasize the importance of finance to supply chains and complex value networks such as health care systems.
We offer an ambitious environment for inter-disciplinary research in these areas. Expand the borders of your home discipline and develop cross-disciplinary work! We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Join our team and strive to have a significant and sustainable impact on science and society. You build the Finance research programme jointly with colleagues in related business and technology areas and lead a group of associate and assistant professors and PhDs. There is ample opportunity to grow this group further using the many opportunities the environment offers.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will be responsible for:
- growing your home-based specific expertise in areas such as financial engineering, financial technology, health care finance, financing new business, valuation, supply chain finance, game theory,.. and develop an interdisciplinary research line linked to various research themes within the department;
- building the HBE ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teaching and coordinating courses in our PhD, Bachelor and Master programs of (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT and Health Sciences;
- supervising BSc, MSc and PhD students;
- developing expertise in novel data driven research methods and working jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets for research);
- transferring research results to industry and society
- developed a research line of international stature;
- have a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field combining business, finance and technology;
- possess a passion to teach at all levels;
- have strong collaborative capabilities, and managerial and communication skills.
- show vision and drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- make use of advanced business analytics (AI, machine learning, big data, etc.);
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for obtaining research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely companies and government agencies;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English, at least at C2 level;
- possess a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
Are you up for the challenge to lead both the research as well as teaching in Finance in a high-tech environment?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Your are encouraged to discuss your ideas about this position with Prof.dr. Jos van Hillegersberg, Chair of the HBE department: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and your vision statement, before January 30th, 2020 using the link below.
We offer you a full-time position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent employment conditions:
- excellent research facilities in our HBE department within the BMS school;
- novel research method support using our BMS lab facility and newly setup industry lab
- extra's such as a 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- an attractive pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behaviour, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society. Research is strongly connected to our institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.