The Department Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) at the University of Twente is currently seeking for an assistant professor in the area of Computer Vision and Biometrics.
The Data Management and Biometrics (DMB) group of the Department of EEMCS performs research in the area of Computer Vision and Biometrics. It is the only academic group in the Netherlands concentrating on Biometric research, with 8-10 PhD students and several Post-Docs on this subject. The research is carried out in national and European projects but also in shorter projects with e.g. the Dutch Police, the Netherlands Forensic Institute, the Dutch Government and Schiphol Airport. The DMB group plays an important role as Centre of Expertise on Biometrics in the Netherlands. In addition, the DMB group offers a Master Track in Computer Vision and Biometrics and teaches courses on Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Biometrics. Because of our recent fast expansion, both in numbers of PhD students as well as Master Students, we are now looking for an Assistant Professor to collaborate in research, acquisition of new projects, and teaching.
- You will carry out research in the framework of national and EU projects
- You will co-supervise PhD students
- You will initiate and acquire new research projects and educational projects
- You will supervise bachelor and MSc theses in the area of Computer Vision and Biometrics
- You will teach at Master level in courses on Advanced Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Biometrics
- You will contribute to teaching at Bachelor level within EE and/or CS
- You have a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Math or Computer Science
- Your research expertise is in the area of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition or Biometrics
- You have a good publication record in the above-mentioned areas
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level
- You have an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world of Computer Science with your research as well as teaching in one of the most top-rated departments in the Netherlands?
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application before February 28st 2020 via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- your research and teaching statement.
You are welcome to contact prof.dr.ir. R.N.J. Veldhuis for any questions you might have. email@example.com.
We offer an excellent, inspiring, multidisciplinary, and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- We offer structural full time position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.637,-- to € 4.978,-- (scale 11) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- professional and personal development programs; a solid pension scheme.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.