- PhD in Experimental Fluid & Sediment Dynamics, or closely related discipline.
- Experience in setting up and organizing experimental research
- Experience in data processing of large data sets
- State-of-the art overview of data-acquisition methods and data-analysis techniques
- Strong publication record
- Track record in attracting external research funding
- Good teaching skills, willingness to take the UTQ
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students)
- Team player
- Good communication skills (in English and preferably also in Dutch, or willingness to learn Dutch).
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact Prof dr. Kathelijne Wijnberg, chair holder of Coastal systems and Nature Based Engineering (phone: +31 (0)53 489 4701, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof dr. Suzanne J.M.H. Hulscher, chair holder of Water Engineering & Management, Marine and Fluvial Systems (phone: +31 (0)53-4894256 or by email email@example.com)
Please upload your application, including motivation letter, CV and full publication list and the names and contact details of two references via the ‘Apply now’ button.The application deadline is February 2, 2020. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world.
- Excellent research facilities.
- A gross salary between EUR 3.255 and EUR 5.656 per month, depending on experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A family friendly institution.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.