The University of Twente has the vision and ambition to be able to respond smartly to developments in the world. This applies to education, research, knowledge transfer and internationalization. For this we need to adjust the way we work and apply intelligence to all relevant data and information from the outside world, but also to data from the processes of education, research, knowledge transfer and internationalization.
A Business Intelligence team is formed to realize the vision and ambitions in the field of Business Intelligence. This team will make an important contribution to the creation of management information for the management of the UT, based on a customer-oriented approach. Do you want to play a leading and directing role in this? Then apply quickly!
The "Strategy & Policy" department (S&P) supports the Executive Board of the UT in formulating, designing, monitoring and adjusting the strategy. The most important areas of attention for S&P are: education, research & knowledge transfer and internationalization. The Policy and Data Analytics (PDA) cluster of S&P is concerned with Business Intelligence. This cluster unlocks and abstracts data and provides various information and advice in the form of business intelligence to support the Executive Board and the faculties.
The PDA cluster works closely with the other S&P clusters. The new BI team to be formed consists of approximately 6 people and must form a spider in the web between various domains and process owners of the UT. The team tackles strategic issues interactively from a connecting role in order to offer optimum and integrated support.
To manage the new BI team to be formed, we are looking for a team player with an open, communicative attitude, with respect for contributions from various disciplines and domains. You are able to mobilize and inspire a team, act customer oriented and thereby realize the required steering information and impact for the UT.
As a team leader you play an important role in the process management of Business Intelligence at the UT and you flawlessly bridge the gap between technology and the business. You have a clear vision on Business Intelligence and management information. To be able to lead the BI team on a daily basis, you have excellent organizational skills with regard to controlling processes, organizing consultations and monitoring overview and deadlines. You are results-oriented, you dare to take initiatives, analytical and inventive. You also have a customer-oriented attitude and you enjoy working in a team.
- You manage the process of creating steering information at the UT. You coordinate this with the senior management of the UT and give advice on KPIs and making policy measurable.
- You coordinate the daily activities, the projects and independently develop improvements to the BI process in collaboration with colleagues from the services and faculties of the UT.
- You support the UT policy in an integral manner with strategic developments and policy monitoring for the Executive Board and various advisory bodies
- You also report to the head of Policy & Data Analytics on the progress of your projects and you advise on optimization of Business Intelligence at the UT and cooperation with other units.
- You have an academic level of thinking and working (eg econometrics, mathematics or business administration) with demonstrable experience in the field of Business Intelligence or Data Science and analytical issues.
- You have an affinity with higher education and experience working in a complex political and administrative environment,
- You have affinity with project-based working (experience with scrum / agile methods),
- You have strong personal leadership and self-starting capacity,
- You have good skills in Dutch and English (minimum C1 level),
- You are organization-sensitive, tactful, tenacious, decisive, stress-resistant, flexible and cooperation-oriented.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For information about this vacancy, contact can be made with drs. N.J.C. (Nicole) Letteboer, Head of Policy, Data & Analytics via telephone number 053 - 489 354.
Requesting references and / or an assessment can be part of the procedure.
The interviews take place on the 3rd of December. The second round takes place on the 12th of December.
You can indicate your interest in this position up to and including 15 November 2019 by sending your application letter, accompanied by an up-to-date CV, via the link below to the application form.
This is a position for 32-40 hours per week, initially for a 2-year period. Depending on education and experience, the salary amounts to a maximum of € 5,656,- gross per month (scale 12) for full-time employment.
The UT offers an inspiring, challenging, flexible and sustainable environment to work in. In addition, an excellent package of secondary employment conditions is offered, such as a thirteenth month, Employment Conditions Selection Model, a broad package of internal training opportunities and the possibility to work at home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.