You will work as a teacher (docent) within the department of Cognitive Psychology and Ergonomics (CPE). You will collaborate with various departments involved in the Psychology program. Your task will consist of tutoring first and second years bachelor students, assisting in various TOM modules, give lectures in a master and a premaster course, coordinating the Human Factors and Engineering Psychology (HFE) master program and internships, and supervising bachelor students with their bachelor thesis.
- You hold a master degree in Psychology and bring a solid background in human factors, cognitive ergonomics or related disciplines. Ideally, you have a specialization or work experience in one of those fields and already possess experience in teaching or tutoring.
- You are a confident and outspoken person with excellent (self) management skills.
- You are in possession of a University Teaching Qualification (or similar). If not, you are required to obtain one within two years.
- You have good communication skills. Your English is at least at the C2 level.
Information and application
Applications should be submitted before October, 27th, 2019, but preferably earlier.
With your application please include a full CV, a motivational statement and preferably 3 references.
For more information on this position please contact prof. W.B. Verwey (email@example.com, tel. 053-4894764).
More information about the department of Cognitive Psychology and Ergonomics (CPE) is available from the website: https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/cpe/#department-cognitive-psychology-and-ergonomics-cpe.
You will be appointed for 38 hours per week, for two years with the prospect of a permanent position. The starting data will be December 1st, 2019. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem; internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- a dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence.
- Professional and personal development programmes, including facilities in obtaining a University Teaching Qualification.
- Starting salary is between € 2.709,- to € 4.274,- gross per month based on your experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente. We stand for science and technology, high tech, human touch, education and research that matter. New technology which drives change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university in the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programs. The University of Twente has a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out pioneering research. The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences strives to hold a leading position in their fields in relation to the science and technology research programs of the University of Twente. In all these fields, the faculty provides bachelor, master and professional development programs.
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behaviour, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society. Research is strongly connected to our Institutes on Governance (IGS), ICT (CTIT), Health (MIRA) and Nanotechnology (MESA+).