The ‘Change Management’ & ‘Organizational Behaviour’ group of the BMS faculty aims to develop change leaders and let people excel by creating fresh, evidence-based organization-behavioural knowledge and insights via cutting-edge, high-tech research and education with a human touch. We teach both Business Administration domains within various BSc, MSc and Honours programmes. Our fundamental field research is, furthermore, made useful for those participating in it as well as practitioners around the globe. Members of our group also co-guide various in- and external PhD students in the Netherlands and elsewhere. Topics include: effective leadership and followership predictors; explanations for lean/agile/operationally excellent team effectiveness; human agency in (constantly) changing contexts, such as smart industry and healthcare; micro-behavioural repertoires of effective team meetings within organizations, work value-behaviour links, etc. See, also, www.utwente.nl/cmob to get a better idea of our team and work.
We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are looking for a highly qualified academic who can undertake a combination of innovative teaching and cutting-edge research in the rapidly evolving domains of Change Management & Organizational Behaviour. The ideal candidate should have a personal track record of relevant field research that complements the studies of the current staff and must be willing and able to cooperate with full- and part-time PhD students from various countries. Ideally, you have some practical management or consulting experience as well and have engaged in personal development.
Teaching: You will be involved in the interdisciplinary BSc Honours/Excellence programme ‘Processes of Change’, the BSc International Business Administration course CHANGEL and the MSc Business Administration course ‘Change Management & Consulting in a Global Context’. We use a great variety of teaching formats which offer profound knowledge and insights, while at the same time developing students’ leadership skills. Throughout these English-taught programmes, students learn to creatively combine different insights and technologies to develop new impactful knowledge and/or solutions for people at work. The aim of the programmes is to educate future researchers, managers, entrepreneurs and engineers. Teachers at the crossroads between leadership, change, technology and organizational behaviour are crucial factors for those courses -not just to help educate the desired change leaders or Business Administration students, but also to embed this education in solid research.
Research: The core of the research currently carried out deals with the repertoire of observable behaviours of effective leaders and their followers in various contexts. We examine, with the latest video-observational and wearable skin conductance technologies, behavioural effectiveness at the individual, team, and organizational levels. This includes how humans affect each other best in various (high-tech) change settings at work. Technology that can assess and help interpret effective individual and team-level behaviour is one of the corner stones of the research, including the use of a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Are you up to the challenge to use state-of-the-art, high impact technology in your teaching and research?
- You hold a PhD in Business Administration, Organizational Behaviour, or Industrial & Organizational Psychology;
- You have knowledge of and experience in human-centred research;
- You have a strong interest in operating at the crossroads of the different disciplines and you thrive when working in multi-disciplinary small teams;
- You have a passion for teaching and the ambition to become or stay a creative teacher;
- You are capable of high-quality research;
- You have the motivation and ability to raise external research funding;
- You have good communication skills, English: at least at the C2 level;
- To facilitate the professional development and quality of teaching, you are required to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within two years.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information on this position you can contact prof. dr. C.P.M. Wilderom, email: email@example.com, phone: +31-53-4894159. Please include a full resume (including courses completed and marks, TOEFL and GRE score), possibly with references, before 31th of August 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
You will be appointed for two years with the prospect of a permanent position. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues; internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Starting salary is between € 3.637 to € 5.656 gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holiday days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programmes;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.