The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for a Full Professor position in the field of Process Systems Engineering (PSE). PSE is an interdisciplinary field, focusing on the synthesis, design, and operation of production processes in the chemical, refinery and energy sectors. More specifically, it deals with the development and application of modelling and computational tools to synthesize, design, control and optimize processes. These processes are studied by the mathematical description of the underlying chemical, physical and biochemical phenomena. In the current arena, with its sustainability goals, the process industry is bound to go through a transformation leading to new processes making new products based on new renewable feedstock using sustainable energy. This calls for PSE in the context of the energy transition of The Netherlands and transformation of the Dutch Chemical Industry.
As a Leading Professor in this position:
- You will spend your time on both research and teaching.
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but, naturally, a long-term goal.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position.
- You have an existing track record in this field of expertise shown by publications in high rank journals and strong evidence of high research potential.
- Potential ability to attract research funding.
- Good teaching skills and willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification.
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students).
- Good communication skills.
Information and application
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae.
- A covering letter and a complete list of publications.
- Your research and teaching statement.
- Two references we will contact.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
- You are welcome to contact Prof. Sascha Kersten (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Guido Mul (email@example.com) for any questions you might have.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be appointed fulltime for 2 years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from €5582.- to €8127.- gross per month, according to scale H-2. Your salary will be based on relevant work experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.