Open to help build the University of the future? To take the next steps with the UT-community to the ultimate people first university of technology?
To co-guide us into the next phase of Shaping 2030, we are looking fora Liaison Officer for the Shaping Expert Groups (SEGs).
Shaping 2030 (https://www.utwente.nl/en/organisation/about/shaping2030/) is the name of our mission, vision and strategy for the coming years. It was co-created in 2019 by more than 600 colleagues and students UT-wide. Nowadays, many colleague universities consider it the benchmark for their own strategy processes. We kicked-off phase 1 of its implementation in 2020.
To complete the Shaping2030 Team we are looking fora Liaison officer. As the Liaison Officer you will help to guide the implementation of Shaping2030 and thus help the University of Twente to grow in the desired direction. In doing so you will open up opportunities in line with the Shaping2030 Strategy. We are looking for someone who will be the eyes and ears for the Shaping Team and the SEGs and enhance and maintain the connection between the SEGs, the SEGs and the Shaping Team. Additionally, you will help inspire the UT organisation in guiding towards the process, to help standardize the way of working where this is possible, and to customize where this is needed.
We are looking for a Shaping Team member who is able to help guiding Shaping 2030 into the next phase.
- help the SEGs in their focus towards the UT-organisation;
- organise and facilitate knowledge exchange between the SEGS, the SEGs and the Shaping Team, the SEG-leads and the Sponsoring Deans;
- support the SEG-leads in implementing short-cycled (project wise) working;
- objectify the creative process with analyses and a substantiation of the facts;
- create a safe, brave & effectiveworking environment that encourages people you work with tochallenge themselves and make progress;
- contribute to the facilitation of the implementation of formulated policy to encompass implementation and sub-plans;
- participate in project meetings and strategic sessions and contribute/carry out work related to the project, including communication and coordination;
- evaluate the progress of input, policy proposals and sub-policy proposals etc., to be provided by colleagues;
- share professional and process-related knowledge with new or less experienced colleagues;
- organize meetings in terms of content and practical details, prepare, implement and evaluate the resolutions passed at meetings.
What do you bring to the table?
- You have the organisational sensitivity to get things moving in a positive way;
- You take charge in complex situations and keep everyone involved;
- You can stimulate and facilitate the exchange of information and create and promote support;
- You make sure that the project is coordinated with other areas of responsibility;
- You have the ability to get various UTstakeholderson board;
- You have knowledge of the UT-organisation.
What are your strengths?
- You are a team player, professional, and highly capable of finding your way in an organisation where interests do not always align;
- Skilled at project-wise working (Agile/Scrum/Lean) where you standardise where that is useful and deliver customization where needed;
- You are flexible, decisive and you will not stop asking questions until you get to the core.
A challenging position (0,6 fte) at a an inspiring and ambitious service department that plays a key role in working on strategic issues with stakeholders at the faculties and outside the university. We create added value by working closely with faculty stakeholders, contributing ideas and we help to get things moving.
Depending on qualifications and experience, your gross monthly salary will be a maximum of € 5.127,- on a full-time basis (salary scale 10 or 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, depending on your background and relevant experience). This position is for a period of 1 year.
We also offer excellent fringe benefits such as a thirteenth month, an employment conditions options model, a wide range of internal options for training and development and the option of working from home.
Information and application
For information about this vacancy you can contact Leontien Kalverda, Team leader Shaping, on telephone number +31 (0)53 489 6369 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in this vacancy? Send your motivation via the link belowbefore 8 August2021.
About the organization
Strategy & Policy (S&P) is one of UT's central service departments. We coordinate the formulation, design, monitoring and adjustment of UT's strategy and central policy programmes. Internally, we create links and close ties between the Executive Board, faculties and scientific institutes. Externally, we build strong relations with other universities, higher educational institutes, and other stakeholders.
The S&P Department consists of five clusters that together focus on improving education, research & valorisation, and internationalisation: Education (ED), Research and Knowledge Transfer (RKT), International Affairs (IA), Policy, Data and Analytics (PDA) and ECIU University. Our overarching goal is to align all the different areas at UT with the university's mission and vision of being a ‘people-first' university of technology that empowers society with sustainable solutions.
As an employer, the S&P Department offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Department, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.