You will be working on:
- Data creation and gathering for on-going research project requirements in geo-health
- Development of practicum courses and other course material for use in geo-health training courses together with geo-health staff
- Support with quantitative and qualitative analyses on geo-health projects
- Preparation of rapid reviews and research support for proposals and practicums
- Assistance with ethical clearance procedures for research projects
- Should be a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher with a spatial sciences background
- should have knowledge of a variety of geospatial software (ArcGISPro, QGIS, GeoDa, webmapping software or equivalent) and you have basic knowledge of scripting in python, R scripting or equivalent
- Have an interest in the health domain and the use of geospatial information and technologies for health-related topics
- Have strong communication skills and are able to work independently
- Have experience in working within a scientific research university environment or a similar setting
- Have a MSc diploma or higher.
- Have a good command of the English language
We offer a position in an inspiring and challenging multidisciplinary and international environment for a period of two years, for 24 – 38 hours per week. Extension of the position after this period is a possibility. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement (CAO-NU) of the Dutch Universities.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,836.00 and € 4,474.00 (fulltime) depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Researcher, level 4).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A total 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed.
Information and application
For more information about this position, you can contact Prof. Justine Blanford (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application before 5 December 2021 (choose “apply now” below). Your application should include:
- A motivation letter describing why you are interested in applying for this position.
- A detailed CV.
- The names and e-mail addresses of at least two references who are willing to send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
About the organization
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science (GIS) and earth observation. We use remote sensing and GIS for collecting spatial data. Our aim is to contribute to the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies. As part of a ‘people-first' university of technology, we ensure that everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people and society through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We also seek to sustain and expand our role as a leader in academic social entrepreneurship.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.