The Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, a German organization consisting of 72 institutes world-wide is a leading applied research organization in the field of advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0/Smart Industry. In 2017, the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, opened a project center at the University of Twente. The Fraunhofer Project Center at the University of Twente (FPC@UT) is an alliance between the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT in Germany, the University of Twente, and Saxion University of Applied Sciences. It is a young, fast growing environment fully focused on Industry 4.0/Smart industry technologies and solutions for production.
Our mission is to reinforce the competitive strength of the industry in a field of production and high-tech systems. Our customers are manufacturing companies involved in developments of the next generation production processes and systems as well as smaller innovative, technology-based companies. Our focus is on the practical solutions for the current production processes, production equipment, digital manufacturing, and manufacturing value chain organization.
- Lead the additive manufacturing team.
- Project definition/planning/management.
- Resource management.
- Competence building for team as well as for AM focus area.
- Growth plan/Strategy development for the additive manufacturing focus area.
- Alignment with stake holders.
- Support Business development in additive manufacturing.
- You hold an HBO/WO bachelor’s or Masters degree in a related field (HBO/WO Mechanical engineer).
- You are interested in the domain of Industry 4.0, specifically in the focus area Additive Manufacturing.
- You are good in multitasking, and don’t mind working on more than one project.
- You are excellent communicator and like to work in teams.
- You have a great attention for detail.
- You are proactive and solution minded.
- Experience/knowledge of the complete additive manufacturing process chain for metal printing (from design to post processing).
- Experience with powder bed fusion metal printing technologies is a must.
- Experience with Titanium printing is a plus.
- Experience with MetalFab1 is a plus.
- Project management and team management skills.
- Business understanding.
- Goal oriented.
- We offer a challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary industrial-academic environment, at a university that is continuously improving its cooperation with industry and start-ups.
- Be part of a growing team of young and ambitious people.
- Fulltime position for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
- The gross monthly salary starts at € 3.807,- till € 5.211,- max. based on Fraunhofer Project Center framework and depending on experience and education.
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Facilities for professional and personal development.
Information and application
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Chantal Boomkamp- Eppink (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dr. Muhammad Niazi (email@example.com)
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and motivation letter before December 10th.
An (technical) assessment will be part of this application procedure.
About the department
Fraunhofer Project Center is part of University of Twente (UT). The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties, which provides more than fifty educational programs. UT has a strong focus on personal development where talented researchers are given scope for carrying out ground-breaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.