PLEASE NOTE: you are required to apply via the "apply now" button below, ánd to fill in an additional questionnaire before via this link: https://forms.gle/3TwCtv84WP5b5KWn6 before we can process your application.
This PostDoc will be positioned at Prof. Bram Nauta’s Integrated Circuit Design Group and requires the candidate to come up with new system architectures and circuit level techniques in the areas related to high-speed low-noise data converters specifically in the domain of wideband data acquisition, time-interleaved ADCs, noise-shaping ADCs and GS/s sigma-delta ADCs. Applicants must have published at least two Journal articles (2 JSSC or combination of JSSC and TCAS-1). The PostDoc contract will be initially for 15 months and can be extended for another year based upon performance review.
- We expect you to investigate bottlenecks related to speed, energy consumption and noise in realizing high-speed high-resolution data converters;
- We expect you to come up with new system architectures and circuit level techniques for realizing high-speed low-noise data converters that can further advance state-of-the-art by orders of magnitude.
- You are a highly motivated and an enthusiastic researcher;
- You have a PhD Degree in the field of Integrated Circuit Design, with a specialization and experience in or more of the following: Wideband data Converters, >10 GS/s Nyquist ADCs, GS/s Time Interleaved ADCs, Noise Shaping ADCs.
- Applicants must have published at least two Journal articles preferably as first author (2 JSSC or combination of JSSC and TCAS-1).
- You are an independent and original thinker with a creative mindset.
- You are a fast thinker with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment.
- You are willing to learn and expand your horizon of research by interacting with diverse research fields such as system level constraints for sensor design and RF.
- You are fluent in English.
You will be appointed for 15 months within a very stimulating scientific environment. The contract could be extended for 1 year after a performance evaluation. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues. The terms of employment are in accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU) and include:
- Gross salary from € 3.353 per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
Information and application
Please note: you are required to apply via the "apply now" button below, ánd to fill in an additional questionnaire before via this link: https://forms.gle/3TwCtv84WP5b5KWn6 before we can process your application.
Does this vacancy spark your interest? Please send your application before August 20, 2021 via the "apply now" button below, and include:
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position;
- a detailed CV (resume) and a publication list;
- contact details of at least 2 referees;
- an academic transcript of B.Sc., M.Sc. education and a 2-3 (A4) page summary of your PhD dissertation;
- a TOEFL or IELTS score to verify sufficient mastering of the English language.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact G.Lammers, email@example.com.
About the organization
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) uses mathematics, electronics and computer technology to contribute to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). With ICT present in almost every device and product we use nowadays, we embrace our role as contributors to a broad range of societal activities and as pioneers of tomorrow's digital society. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the EEMCS Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.