The Manager Business Development is to lead the financial growth of Fraunhofer Project Center @the University of Twente (FPC@UT). You will play an integral role to ensure that the Center attracts world-class companies to the region and improve the competitiveness of regional manufacturing companies.
The main goal of a Manager Business Development is to plan, develop and implement commercial strategies that reflect the objectives and priorities of FPC@UT. This role holds accountability for ensuring FPC@UT maintains a sustainable growth trajectory.
As part of the leadership team, the Manager Business Development is expected to lead by example in accordance to the FPC@UT values and behaviours.
- Develop and apply for appropriate funding opportunities from a range of external funding sources that support the scientific and engagement objectives for FPC@UT.
- Responsible for supporting the FPC@UT’s partnership network by connecting and developing opportunities to ensure the FPC@UT and its industrial partners maximise the benefits of our extended research and development ecosystem.
- Responsible for the projects acquisition feeding into the Center, maintaining the FPC@UT’s growth and long term sustainability. Pipeline of projects (acquisition) are based on direction and core competencies in communication with the FPC@UT Management Team
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business case on potential commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) as well as to understand threats.
- Provide commercial assurance through forecasting, project review as required and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk.
- To have responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of commercial relationships are responsive and well-managed, establishing and responding to systematic client and user feedback.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with all other directors, through constructive communication and ongoing knowledge sharing
- This role reports to the Scientific Director of Fraunhofer Project Center @ University of Twente
This role and the responsibilities as described above are intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the Center.
- (Expert) knowledge and understanding of the versatile field of high tech industrial challenges that need to be taken in order to keep competence advantage for our customers.
- A demonstrated track record of building business development initiatives and managing (multidisciplinary) project teams to deliver program and project proposals.
- Ability to manage relationships with key clients and build a network within the region and on a national level.
- Preferably, you have experience in working in a multidisciplinary stakeholder environment.
- A network within (high tech) SME’s, startups and (manufacturing) industry in the region as well as national is beneficial in this function.
- You hold an academic degree.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from, and influence a wide variety of individuals, including upper management, internal department heads, supervisory board and other stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Team player committed to success and getting the job done well.
- Desire to learn new things, positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Capacity to manage priorities and tight deadlines as well as keeping an clear overview of leads, projects in pipeline and customers overview.
- Proactive and solution minded.
- Excellent communication skills.
We offer a challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary industrial-academic environment, at a university that is continuously improving its cooperation with industry and startups.
- Fulltime position for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of conversion to permanent position.
- Based on your relevant educational background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 5.453 to € 6.940 gross per month (scale 14);
- Laptop, home office supplies and a telephone
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment;
- Facilities for professional and personal development.
Information and application
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and motivation letter, before June 27th, 2021. An assessment can be part of this selection procedure.
Acquisitions in regards for this vacancy by third parties are not appreciated.
For more information about the vacancy you can contact Ian Gibson (Scientific Director) (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maurice Herben (Program director). If you need information about the process, please contact Chantal Boomkamp-Eppink (Head of Operations) (email@example.com).
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.