We are looking for a PLC Engineer who has a pragmatic and pro active approach towards new technologies, methodologies and solutions in the domain of industry 4.0. You are industry focused, which means that you know and understand the customers in your specific domain. You understand their challenges, needs and you can establish a good relationship with them.
Traveling to clients' locations.
Meeting with clients to discuss their mechanical or electrical automation needs.
Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work.
Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages.
Determining machine automation test criteria before the final installation.
Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
Troubleshooting system errors.
Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
Documenting development processes.
Providing clients with technical support.
k. Be the technical expert in the field of connecting machines towards digital frameworks.
The projects you will work on will vary from short projects (order of weeks) to projects that run over a couple of years.
- You hold a Bachelors’s degree in Electronics or equivalent;
At least 3 years of experience with electronics design including PCB layout;
- Knowledge of production methods and logistics processes for electronics products
- Experience with EMC: norms and standards, EMC measurements and solving EMC issues;
- Knowledge of embedded software design for hardware drivers;
- Solid understanding of the embedded device and different approach for enabling connectivity (one moment you are playing around with C ++, the next day with Java, MicroPython, C # or another language);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure;
- Has no problem with sometimes building a portal or server component, for which we usually use C # and ASP.NET Core;
- Self-secures code, builds and release pipelines and arranges scrum tasks in Azure DevOps;
- Main skills are:
- Data driven approaches;
- Data acquisition / data logging;
- Sensor technology;
- Hardware-software coupling;
- Experience in MES and production planning is prefered;
- Basic concepts of quality control;
- Proficiency in multiple languages: C++, Python, Java.
- You are very much hands-on and have the mentality to get things done;
- Capacity to manage priorities and tight deadlines
- Proactive and solution minded
- Excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
- German language skills are a plus.
We offer a challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary industrial-academic environment, at a university that is continuously improving its cooperation with industry and startups.
- Fulltime position for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
- The gross monthly salary is based Fraunhofer Project Center framework and is starts at € 2790,- gross salary a month (functionprofile of Technicus O&O-gebonden – profiel O 2);
- A holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment;
- Facilities for professional and personal development.
Information and application
Fraunhofer Project Center is part of University of Twente (UT). The University of Twente is the only campus University of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties, which provides more than fifty educational programmes. UT has a strong focus on personal development where talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Chantal Boomkamp-Eppink (email@example.com) or dr. Muhammad Niazi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can submit your application, including a recent CV and motivation letter, before 30 April 2021, using the link below.
About the department
The Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, a German organization consisting of 72 institutes world-wide is a leading applied research organization in the field of advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0/Smart Industry. In 2017, the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, opened a project center at the University of Twente. The Fraunhofer Project Center at the University of Twente (FPC@UT) is an alliance between the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT in Germany, the University of Twente and Saxion University of Applied Sciences. It is a young, fast growing environment fully focused on Industry 4.0/Smart industry technologies and solutions for production.
Our mission is to reinforce the competitive strength of the industry in a field of production and high-tech systems. Our customers are multinationals involved in developments of the next generation production processes and systems as well as smaller innovative, technology-based companies. Our focus is on the practical solutions for the current production processes, production equipment, digital manufacturing and manufacturing value chain organization.
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.