Do you have a passion for advanced technology with relevant applications, and do you want to be part of a team to work on challenging projects that exist on the border of what can be achieved with technology? Then we are searching for you!
At the department of Biomechanical Engineering (Faculty of Engineering Technology) we conduct research for the development and application of products in clinical practice and revalidation. In particular we focus on biomedical robots. Examples are exoskeletons, revalidation and surgical robots, and bionic prosthetics. In our research we use specialized and advanced measurement setups which we develop, in part, ourselves and integrate with other systems.
You will be working in the department of Biomechanical Engineering as part of a multicultural team with over seventy employees: researchers and technicians. You will be part of a team of technicians who are also concerned with managing the available laboratories.
Most of your work will be at the Surgical Robotics Lab (SRL) where a multitude of robotic and mechatronic setups are used for research, development, and different surgical applications. Your primary tasks will be:
- Ensuring a safe environment inside the lab, and managing supplies, tools, and parts;
- Instruct new lab members, uphold rules of conduct for safe lab use and manage lab access;
- Design / commission and to maintain the robotic setups. Provide technical support during the development of new systems or adjustments of existing systems;
- Supporting the researchers: assist with experiments, both in building and conducting the experiments (which sometimes take place in the evening);
- To guard the continuity of the research by ensuring proper documentation when a researcher departs;
- Be a vocal point for researchers when tasks and large projects can be realized with the help of the technical support team.
More information can be found on the Surgical Robotics website:
- Diploma HBO (University) in: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Communicative, in English and preferably Dutch;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Solution-oriented, showing initiative;
- Team player;
- Experience with CAD software;
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
- A diverse, challenging, and informal work atmosphere;
- An initial one-year contract with prospect of a permanent contract;
- The terms of employment are conform the CAO NU. A maximum monthly gross salary of € 4.012,- (scale 9) dependent on education and experience;
- A good package of secondary terms of employment (fringe benefits);
- Access to excellent research facilities such as our 3D ultrasound system and rapid prototyping equipment (3D printer, laser cutter)
- Interactions with engineers of electrical, mechanical, and biomedical background
Information and application
For additional information regarding the vacancy you can contact:
- Michiel Ligtenberg (NL); email@example.com; tel: 053-4898713
- Sarthak Misra (ENG); firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 053-4892704
Your application, comprising a motivation letter, c.v., diploma, transcript of records, portfolio, and references, can be uploaded via the “Apply now” button until April 25, 2021.
About the organization
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) engages in education and research Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering with a view to enabling society and industry to innovate and create value using sound, efficient and sustainable technology. We are part of a ‘people-first' university of technology, taking our place as an internationally leading centre for smart production, processes and devices in five domains: Health Technology, Maintenance, Smart Regions, Smart Industry and Sustainable Resources. Our faculty is home to some 1,800 Bachelor's and Master's students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates and offers three degree programmes: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our educational and research programme are closely connected with UT research institutes Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the ET Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.