Are you a highly motivated researcher with an outstanding track record in Mathematics and its Applications in Science and Engineering?
We offer a position in P.D.E. Control, Analysis and Numerics within the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Twente (UT).
You will actively develop your mathematical profile and seek connections between fundamental mathematical control theory and numerical mathematics. You show great enthusiasm in applying your novel methods in engineering applications. For example, within the multi-disciplinary research contexts at the UT, like MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology or the TechMed Centre for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine.
You will be involved in the teaching program of the Department of Applied Mathematics at the Bachelor and Master level, and you will transfer your specific expertise to the master program. During the first three years, you will acquire the University Teaching Qualification.
- You are passionate about teaching;
- You are a high qualified researcher, illustrated by publications in international journals;
- You are ready to take up the challenge to acquire research grants, either via personal schemes, such as within the NWO Innovational Research Incentives Scheme (VENI/VIDI/VICI) and the European Research Council, or in collaboration with others;
- You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues from other disciplines;
- You have obtained a PhD degree and have a strong affinity with- and training in control theory, numerical analysis and/or scientific computing.
You will be appointed fulltime for one year as Assistant or Associate Professor, depending on qualifications. Part-time (e.g. 32 hours) is negotiable. Near the end of this year, you will be subject to a job performance evaluation. If the result is positive and the circumstances of the organization remain the same, the contract will be converted into a permanent contract. Criteria for evaluation comprise a strong track record of publications, evaluation of teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire funding and to achieve an international network and reputation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 6.940 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant background and experience;
- A starting package, to be specified during the meeting;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- We offer excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance;
- A solid pension scheme.
Information and application
Please submit your application before April 15th, 2021, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A list of publications;
- A research and teaching statement;
- Three names of potential references.
The first Job interviews will most likely be planned on Thursday, April 22nd.
We would very much like to increase the number of women in the department. Therefore we prefer female candidates. Hence we will start this procedure with only inviting female applicants as a first step. If this does not result in a match, we will resume the procedure with male applicants after 4 weeks. However, we do invite all candidates to apply immediately.
You are welcome to contact Prof.dr. H.J. (Hans) Zwart (phone +31 534893464, email email@example.com) for any questions you might have.
About the organization
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) uses mathematics, electronics and computer technology to contribute to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). With ICT present in almost every device and product we use nowadays, we embrace our role as contributors to a broad range of societal activities and as pioneers of tomorrow's digital society. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the EEMCS Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.