A position has become available within the Communication team – specifically the MC team within the Faculty of Engineering Technology – for a
Strategic & hands-on communication advisor
- You are the first point of contact for the Faculty of Engineering Technology for strategic internal and external communication matters that you handle personally or in close collaboration with your marketing and communication colleagues within the M&C-ET team.
- You focus on internal communication, community building and relationship management and strategic communication in support of the implementation of the Shaping2030 strategy.
- Together with your M&C colleagues, you advise the Faculty Board and scientists, and you translate your advice into an annual marketing and communication plan with an agenda and a 'quantifiable' communication approach (content, means, events). Using your communication strategy, you facilitate collaboration between the Faculty Board, the MC department, and the rest of the University of Twente.
A selection of the projects requiring communication support in the coming years:
- COVID-19 communication for staff and students
- New accommodation and housing projects
- Community building
- Employee and student journey
- Research profile
- In consultation with your MC-ET colleague from the press team, you will support the scientists within the faculty with their representation to the outside world. To achieve this, you will write attractive, clear content for various target groups. In doing so, you will respond to the motivation and interests of, for example, cooperation partners, study seekers, alumni, professional field, ministries, etc.
- You focus on informing, involving, inspiring and connecting colleagues within and outside of the faculty. Knowledge of the organisation and the individuals involved is essential in this process. By maintaining a strong internal network of contacts, you are aware of the current developments within the various levels of the organisation.
- For this engaging position, we are looking for a hands-on colleague with a college or university degree in communication and at least five years' experience in the field of strategic and internal communication.
- You have acquired experience as a communications consultant within a complex organisation and a strong sense of (political) relations within large organisations. You can think quickly and strategically, are also action-oriented and enjoy implementing your ideas.
- You are a team player and connecting factor who can shift between the communication interests of the ET community and those of the UT as a whole. You have a strong personal vision on communication, while also being service minded.
- You have an inherently inquisitive mind and an affinity for research, education, and projects in the field of engineering technology. You can convey your passion for, and interest in these (complex) subjects with your clear, concise, active writing style for both online and print media, and can direct the translation into images and video.
- You think outside-in, take initiative, set to work decisively and resolutely, you maintain a good overview, can set and adjust priorities and respond quickly.
- You have an international mindset and an excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written (C1 level) and can communicate swiftly in both languages.
- Your values align with the University's core values, and you are equipped with the competencies relevant to M&C, such as organisational sensitivity and ownership.
We offer an engaging position within a dynamic professional environment, initially for one year. Your gross salary is max. € 4,402 based on fulltime employment and in line with scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. There is potential for an extension of this period.
The colleague we are looking work will initially work 32 hours for the ET faculty along with the possibility of working within the corporate communication team. (At a later stage, rotation to an alternate faculty or institute is a possibility.)
Information and application
The University of Twente has exclusively outsourced the selection for this vacancy to USG Marketing & Communications. For your application or questions, please contact Manon van Heumen, Senior Talent Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Phone on 06-53677417.
About the department
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) engages in education and research Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering with a view to enabling society and industry to innovate and create value using sound, efficient and sustainable technology. We are part of a ‘people-first' university of technology, taking our place as an internationally leading centre for smart production, processes and devices in five domains: Health Technology, Maintenance, Smart Regions, Smart Industry and Sustainable Resources. Our faculty is home to some 1,800 Bachelor's and Master's students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates and offers three degree programmes: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our educational and research programme are closely connected with UT research institutes Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the ET Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.