Who are we?
The University of Twente is the place where talent can best realise its potential. Our students and staff are at the heart of everything we do. They join forces to deliver pioneering research, relevant innovation and inspiring education. Marketing & Communication (M&C) plays a vital role in ensuring that the university realises its strategic vision, Shaping 2030, over the next decade. We will do this by giving our education, research and community a face to the outside world and making it visible. Life-long learning is one of the pillars of Shaping 2030. The University of Twente offers part-time programmes for professionals at multiple faculties. The faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences has a specific tutorial group for Professional Learning Development. The Master’s of Public Management and Master’s of Risk Management are part-time master’s degrees aimed at managers and professionals from public and private organisations.
As the marketing specialist for the professional target group, you and one other colleague make up the M&C team for PLD and you will develop an integrated marketing and communications plan. Your core tasks are primarily focused on the recruitment of professionals for the two part-time master’s programmes for the corporate market as well as for new initiatives set up by other faculties. You are primarily responsible for the acquisition of qualitative leads and for assisting in or taking responsibility for proper follow-up using a data-driven and customer-journey-focused approach. As a go-getter you will be working with online media and you will assist in the professional use of CRM. Drawing on expertise and using the necessary creativity, you provide programme management with useful input and you contribute to the ambitions of the faculty.
From your focus on the specific target group, you work closely with programme managers and other internal parties involved. You will be:
- Mapping the customer journey and using this information to draw up, coordinate and execute a marketing plan including websites, social media and other online channels (by coordinating with external and internal ‘online’ specialists);
- Supporting and facilitating an appropriate follow-up, in cooperation with the sales officer;
- Creating content and coordination and management of content aimed at the business market for publication via various media including online newsletters, the website and brochures;
- Actively using social media to target various public and private sectors;
- Developing a marketing plan and project plan for events;
- Ensuring a good connection between faculty and M&C, with the ability to translate mutual input into an appropriate plan or action;
- Conducting evaluations for the purpose of accountability of activities, and you collect and report market information.
- We are looking for a proactive and smart go-getter with a focus on the target group and a data-driven mindset.
- You hold a university-level (research university or university of applied sciences) degree in a relevant field and you have at least three years’ relevant work experience.
- You have knowledge of and experience in B2B market development. Experience with the target group ‘professionals’ is an advantage.
- You know how to best use SEA/SEO in a targeted manner. Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be a plus.
- You are driven, results-focused, have commercial acumen and know how to respond to opportunities you see in the market.
- You are a decisive interlocutor for programme management and M&C colleagues.
- You have a creative input in strategy development and know how to translate this into a specific marketing plan and you take great satisfaction in realising plans independently.
- It goes without saying that you are a strong communicator with great social skills. You have an excellent command of Dutch and English, both orally and in writing.
- You have an ability to generate enthusiasm among colleagues and internal clients, drawing on expertise and knowledge of the field and the power of persuasion to gain support for new ideas.
- You have an affinity with the core values of the university and support the M&C way of working with organisational sensitivity and the ability to build bridges as its two core competencies.
We offer you a challenging role with plenty of opportunities for training and personal development. The contract is for a period of one year, with potential contract renewal thereafter. The gross monthly salary based on a full-time employment ranges from € 2.920 to € 4.012. This is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, and based on the university job profile Communication Officer 1/Adviser 3.
The University of Twente also offers excellent fringe benefits.
Information and application
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Irene van der Ploeg, head of Marketing, by telephone on +31 (0)53 489 2212 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Submit your application, together with your current CV, using the link below by 30 November at the latest. If you are invited for a job interview, you may be asked to prepare a case study in advance.
With a view to strengthening professionalism and teambuilding within the Marketing & Communication department, we actively focus on competencies. An NBI questionnaire and reference check are therefore standard parts of the procedure and will be arranged as a follow-up to your job interview.
About the department
“The University of Twente is the ultimate example of a people-first university of technology. We are equipping society with the sustainable solutions that are needed.” Our mission reflects our core identity: we choose to make the human element our main focus. As marketing and communication officer you contribute to the University of Twente’s mission. Your remit includes a focus on the recruitment and intake of professionals for the university’s part-time Master’s degree programmes.
For more information about our educational programmes and the faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences, go to: www.utwente.nl/bms and www.utwente.nl/pld
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.