The Research Support Office of the BMS Faculty (Behavioural, Management, and Social Sciences) has a temporary vacancy for a Coordinator Research Support, Grants & Projects.
The Research Support Office is responsible for policy advice, quality assurance and support for subsidy and project applications. The Research Support Office is the responsibility of the portfolio for research of the Faculty Board.
As Coordinator Research Support & Projects, your responsibilities include the policy support of the portfolio for research, supporting the BMS researchers and coordinating related projects. You focus on the following tasks;
- You instruct researchers regarding national and international grant programs as the NWA and Horizon Europe, in close collaboration with the UT's Grants Office.
- You coordinate all NWO & Horizon Europe subsidies that are requested with regard to SSH.
- Setting up and maintaining a network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating regional cooperation programmes with regard to resilience and security, such as the Province of Overijssel and the Safety Region.
- Selecting and implementing a data analytics tools for external research projects.
- Supporting researchers and students in matters like data management, ethics and privacy.
- Coordinating the faculty PhD network & acting as a contact for Twente Graduate School.
- You are secretary of the Ethics Committee and act as a contact for the UT BMS data stewards.
- When it comes to policy matters, you work in close cooperation with colleagues from other faculties.
- Managing the Research Support Department website.
- You have completed an academic degree in behavioural, social or management sciences and have experience with the academic research landscape.
- You have extensive experience with ethics in the field of social/ behavioral, or medical sciences.
- You are a true networker and have an enterprising spirit. You can convince and enthuse others with ease.
- Due to the international character of the UT, you have a good command of both spoken and written Dutch and English (C1).
- You excel at organising and have a go-getter attitude.
- You display a service-oriented attitude towards researchers. At the same time, you are not afraid to be critical and you can convince others of the need to implement new developments.
The position entails a 0.8 FTE appointment with an initial duration of one year. Based on your experience, the gross salary for a full-time appointment is a maximum of € 5127 per month. In addition, we offer excellent secondary terms of employment, including an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and an 8% holiday bonus.
Information and application
For more information with regard to the position, you can contact Ellen Giebels, portfolio holder for research, email@example.com. You can upload your application, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, via the link below until 30 October 2020.
This vacancy will be advertised internally and externally simultaneously.
About the department
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.