The Research Support Office of the BMS Faculty (Behavioural, Management, and Social Sciences) has a new vacancy for a Manager Research Support Department.
The Research Support Office is responsible for policy advice, quality assurance and support for subsidy and project applications. The Research Support Office is the responsibility of the portfolio for research of the Faculty Board.
The Research Support Office currently consists of 3 coordinators, including the BMS Lab manager, a research support coordinator and a project and subsidies coordinator. The employees of the BMS Lab and a management assistant are also part of the Research Support Office.
- As Manager Research Support Office, you are responsible for the further development and expansion of this new position and the corresponding team. You focus on the following tasks;Policy advice and support for the portfolio for research and the faculty board in the fields of research vision & strategy and the corresponding long-term budget.
- Managing the employees of the Research Support Office.
- Coordinating the faculty-wide review procedure in 2021.
- Presiding over meetings with the Theme leaders of the 5 research programmes (Resilience, Learning, Health, Emerging Technology & Society, Smart Industry).
- Maintaining contact and participating in strategic discussions within and outside of the UT with parties such as the Strategy & Policy and Strategic Business Development departments.
- You have completed an academic degree in behavioural, social or management sciences and have experience with the academic research landscape.
- You are familiar with the latest developments with regard to dossiers like Open Science, Acknowledgement and Appreciation and Talent Policy.
- You are able to translate a comprehensive body of desired support into an inventive (work) programme for the Research Support Department.
- You have the power to convince people both orally and in writing.
- You are an experienced manager that is not afraid to take on change processes and that enthusiastically connects people.
- You have a constructive, critical and analytic mindset, a client-oriented and businesslike attitude and you think in solutions.
The position entails a 0.8 - 1.0 FTE appointment with an initial duration of one year. Based on your experience, the gross salary for a full-time appointment is a maximum of € 5.826,- per month. In addition, we offer excellent secondary terms of employment, including an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and an 8% holiday bonus.
Information and application
For more information with regard to the position, you can contact Ellen Giebels, portfolio holder for research, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can upload your application, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, via the link below until 30 October 2020.
This vacancy will be advertised internally and externally simultaneously.
About the department
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.