As education & elective coordinator you support activities within the programme - Technology Liberal Art and Sciences (ATLAS).
- Support the Programme Director (PD) to plan and coordinate Quality Assurance, Education and Examination Regulations (EER), and accreditations processes.
- Assist with the coordination of the student selection and adoption of electives process; from request until approval and inform the BOOZ regarding the results.
- Coordinate with the PD and semester coordinators , the organisation of educational matters such as the Academic Calendar and the implementation of the education year cycle.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for the semester alignment meetings.
- Coordinate and monitor the Learning Assistant (LA) Internship programme within ATLAS, and participate in the planning and coordination of LA related activities within the semesters, including training & feedback sessions.
- Update and maintain Education information in University systems such as Osiris and Canvas.
- Join the UT platform of education coordinators.
In view of the combination of tasks as outlined above, you:
- have knowledge of education Rules & Regulations
- are passionate about improving teaching and learning and curriculum development
- have the ability to quickly grasp the structure and requirements of the curriculum.
- have excellent organizational skills
- have experience in working on quality assurance, EER, education policy, member of programme committees/education committees.
- are able to work as a team member
- can demonstrate a near native English language proficiency both written and orally (minimally ECF C1).
- have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- are familiar with working with Learning Management Systems
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for one year for 20 hours per week. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,790.- and € 4,402.- (fulltime), depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Education Coordinator).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Information and application
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from Drs. Laura Bagur (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please submit your application before January 25th 2021 (choose “apply here” below). Your application must include (i) a motivation letter clearly stating how you meet the selection criteria and (ii) a detailed CV with references.
Job interviews will be held on 27, 28 or 29 January 2021.
About the department
University College Twente (est. 2013) is the international Honours College of the University of Twente. Its Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences programme (ATLAS), aims to educate a new kind of engineer. An engineer that can work on modern engineering solutions that require not only technical but also social perspectives and understanding.
In order to educate such engineers, ATLAS has chosen a bold approach to teaching and learning by putting the student in the lead, and the individual academic development of students at the heart of the curriculum. Self-directed learning, Integration, Excellence, Community and Trailblazing are the core-values that ATLAS lives by and that create the distinctive and much-valued learning and teaching experience. Together, they support not so much a curriculum or a programme, but rather a distinctive learning and teaching experience. A learning experience that is focused on understanding, and a teaching experience that puts students in the lead of their academic development. Apart from ensuring an academic foundation through required domains in Natural Science, Social Science, and Math, our programme is not based on a specific set of prescribed courses, nor on curriculum requirements or restrictions. ATLAS students are encouraged to explore academic opportunities within and beyond what is offered by the programme.
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.