We are looking for an excellent enthusiastic scholar to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. The HBE department is a growing research group that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences. We conduct cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative management and decision-making.
We are looking for talents with a background in business research (management sciences, operations research, business information systems) having a special interest in teaching business research methodology (approaches for solving managerial problems, design science methodology, etc.). You have acquired expertise in various design science and research methodologies applied to the business domain, and taught or developed courses in this area. You are familiar with various research methodology frameworks and empirical methods used in design research validation, and preferably also with data analytics techniques, AI and machine learning. Furthermore, you have experience with applying these research methodologies in business fields such as operations research, supply chain management, health care management, industrial engineering or information systems.
We perform ground-breaking research combining various themes such as smart-industry, supply chain management, transportation and logistics management, innovation management, healthcare, technology based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, corporate finance, HRM, and leadership. We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Are you looking for forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your home subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise? Join our team and strive to have a significant and balanced impact on science and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will
- carry out high-tech business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different subject areas;
- Work jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets);
- contribute towards the supervision of BSc, MSc, PDEng and PhD students.
- (co-)teach and coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT, and International Business Administration with business research methodology as your main focus;
- show vision and entrepreneurial drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- have special interest in teaching business research methodology, which is apparent from publications in academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- hold a PhD degree in a relevant background with a focus on fields such as applied mathematics, operations research, industrial engineering, and computational science;
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited university;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We offer a permanent position with a one-year probationary period (formally a 1-year contract with prospect of permanent contract). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.807 to € 7.054 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile Assistant or Associate Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).
Information and application
For more information on this position you can contact dr.ir. M.R.K. Mes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +31-53-4894062. Please include a full resume with references, before October 22th, 2021
About the department
The HBE cluster is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive working culture. Our aim is that all job applicants are given equal opportunities. When we select candidates for employment, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability. To support the workforce diversity, we are open to offer flexible working conditions on an individual basis to support work-life balance, that may include contract of employment, working hours and location, or child care arrangements.
About the organization
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. By means of 'social engineering', we are here to integrate these advances in society. As a people-first tech university, we align these advances with the needs and behaviour of humans. We ensure proper public and private management as well as robust, inclusive and fair organisational structures. The faculty of BMS does this by developing, transferring and applying high-quality knowledge of Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Science, Philosophy, Educational Science, and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines is challenge-based. The BMS research programmes are directly linked to our research institutes: Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, the TechMed Centre and the Digital Society Institute.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.