Within the faculty of Science and Technology (TNW) the Department of Clinical Neurophysiology (CNPH) has a vacancy for an Assistant Professor (f/m) with a strong interest in teaching and complementary research.
Research in the Clinical Neurophysiology group is at the interface of neuroscience, neurophysiology and clinical neurology, focusing on cerebral ischemia and epilepsy. Our teaching is primarily for bachelor and master students Technical Medicine and Biomedical Engineering. We focus on treating essentials from physics, mathematics, computational modeling and signal processing to further understanding of medical (patho-)physiology within the clinical neuroscience domain.
We seek for the most talented individual to expand our current strengths in teaching and research. The candidate should have an appropriate background (e.g. technical medicine, applied physics, biomedical engineering) with a strong interest in teaching and translational research in clinical neurophysiology, and hold a PhD in a relevant field.
More information about the CNPH group is available at our website, https://www.utwente.nl/en/tnw/cnph/. We particularly encourage female applicants to apply.
As an Assistant Professor
- You are actively involved in teaching and contribute to the development of our curriculum;
- You develop your own identity and you are encouraged to attract national or European research grants to support your research line;
- The lectures for undergraduate students are in Dutch, for graduate students in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- For this particular position, the ratio teaching:research is approximately 1:1.
- You hold a PhD in a relevant field;
- You have good communication skills and an excellent command of the English language;
- You are an inspiring teacher and are willing to take the University Teaching Qualification;
- You have an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, shown by publications in high rank journals, or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button before 13 September 2020, and include your curriculum vitae, a list of publications and your research and teaching statement.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For any questions, you are welcome to contact the department head prof. dr. ir. Michel J.A.M. van Putten (email@example.com).
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and plenty of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with hardworking colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. On the campus, there are plenty of possibilities for interdisciplinary collaborations;
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after positive evaluation two years after appointment;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 5.826 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal work week of 38 hours. A full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme;
- The 30% ruling might be applicable as well, which can result in max 30% of the gross salary as a tax-free cost allowance.
The starting date is as soon as possible.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.