More in detail, the successful candidate will focus on:
- State-of-the-art on TCM materials.
- Formulation and characterization of novel functional materials for TCM applications (storage temperature below 100˚C).
- Thermophysical and kinetic study of developed advanced materials under charging/discharging cycles.
- Analysis on reactor and system level and experimental validation.
- During this exciting cross-disciplinary project, you will acquire unique expertise and outstanding skills through close contact with academic collaborators.
- You hold a Master's degree in Materials Science and Engineering or similar subjects.
- A high level of knowledge in advanced materials particularly thermochemical materials and associated physical chemistry (Essential).
- A background in experimentation, knowledge of materials characterization and thermal energy storage technologies such as DSC-TGA, XRD, XPS and etc. (Essential).
- Your writing skills are good - you have written technical reports and/or scientific papers.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well in a team.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have experience in doing multidisciplinary based research.
- You have an interest in contributing to a high quality, impactful working team with several post docs and PhD candidates.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact Dr. Mohammad Mehrali or Dr. Mina Shahi for any questions you might have.
Please upload your application via the ‘Apply now’ button. Your application must include:
- A video (2-minute max) describing your scientific interests and why do you want to apply for this position. Please, include a web link for video direct download in your CV document.
- A motivation letter explaining why this position is the best match for your personal development, career and why you are the best fit for our research group.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts from your Bachelor and Master degrees.
- Documentation proving your English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score).
We offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- We offer a four-year fulltime PhD position.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with which you will collaborate extensively with industry.
- A starting salary of € 2.395,00 gross per month in the first year and increasing to € 3.061 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.