The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) of the University of Twente is looking for a Full Professor in Graph Theory, Complexity, and Applications (GTCA).
We seek an experienced candidate who can continue and further develop the research in GTCA, acquire external funding and promote the societal relevance of the research. Supervision of PhD students - including the PhD students visiting the UT within the framework of a long-term collaboration with Northwestern Polytechnical University in Xi’an, P.R. of China - will be part of the main responsibilities, as well as cultivating and further developing the contacts with our Chinese partner institute.
You will teach in- and contribute to the degree programmes of Computer Science and possibly mathematics and participate in the teaching programme of specialised courses related to Structural and Algorithmic Graph Theory and Computational Complexity.
Another important aspect is to actively explore collaboration with other groups and fields within the Faculty EEMCS and the UT that involve networks and apply graph models, to chip in for the organisation of EEMCS, e.g. by taking part in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
We are seeking a clearly visible expert in their field, an inspiring leader who stimulates his or her group members to get the best out of themselves and a standout colleague with good communication skills.
Furthermore, we encourage you to apply if you have:
- a PhD degree in a relevant field, like Discrete Mathematics;
- several years of postdoctoral experience outside of The Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and experience as a full or associate professor;
- a relevant international network of collaborators and coauthors;
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences;
- a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage;
- independently and successfully supervised PhD students;
- received substantial research grants from external sources;
- demonstrable organisational competences;
- cross-cultural sensitivity;
- proficiency in English and Dutch, or in the latter case, if you are motivated to learn Dutch within five years.
- a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one within three years.
Are you interested in the position and do you meet our qualification criteria? Please send your application before September 1st, 2020 via the apply now button at the bottom of the page, and include:
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- a curriculum vitae, including a publication list, names of references and a list of five self-selected best papers;
- a statement of your teaching goals and experience;
- a description of your scientific interest and plans.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- It is a structural position with a permanent contract;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 5.749 to € 6.738 (scale H2) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a tailored made starting package;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a solid pension scheme;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- professional and personal development programs.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.