The Department of Applied Mathematics (AM) at the University of Twente (UT) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic (current or past) high school teacher in mathematics who is passionate about guiding young students, both in applied mathematics and in other disciplines ranging from Industrial Design Engineering to Applied Physics, in mastering mathematical subjects such as calculus, linear algebra, statistics as taught in most technical programmes. In this position, you will take part in service teaching and you will also teach subjects in the BSc AM programme. You will in particular help students with bridging the gap between high school and university. Most bachelor and almost all master programmes at the UT are taught in English.
You have experience in teaching mathematics at high school level (Dutch: VWO). You are open minded towards modern views on teaching and learning. Finally, you are a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills and are proficient in English.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The position is available immediately.
Please submit your application before September 1st, 2020 to the attention of prof.dr. A.A. Stoorvogel via the "Apply Now" button below, including:
- a curriculum vitae
- a teaching statement
- a list of publications, if applicable
- and names of two references
For more information, you are welcome to contact prof.dr. A.A. Stoorvogel (phone +31624995067, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- We offer a parttime Lecturer position (± 0,4 fte, negotiable) with an initial contract for one or two years.
- Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Depending on your relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 2.709,- € to € 5.127,- per month.
- Furthermore, we offer excellent professional and personal development programs and a secondary remuneration package including a travel allowance.
- Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization and a high degree of responsibility and independence.
Are you passionate about improving the learning experience of students? Then apply now!
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.