The Faculty ITC has a strong reputation in international education and delivers a wide range of academic programmes and courses in geo-information science and earth observation through different modalities (face-to-face; online; joint programmes). In addition the bachelor honours’ programme Atlas is positioned in the Faculty ITC.
Over the years, the Faculty ITC has built up quite some expertise and experience in the field of e-learning and distance learning. To cater for the growing activities in distance and e-learning in the coming period and the years to come, the Faculty ITC needs additional capacity in e-learning support and in the further development of high-quality digital learning material. These digital learning materials are presently provided through the learning management system Canvas and the so-called Living Textbook, i.e. a collaborative interactive learning environment developed within the faculty ITC. Additional human capacity is needed to support, manage and execute the development and deployment of digital learning material.
As an e-learning specialist you will work within the Education Unit of the Faculty Bureau under the supervision of the education manager and in close cooperation with the present e‐learning specialist. In addition, the Education Unit provides support in the field of educational advice; quality assurance; and internship coordination.
Given the pressure on the present e-learning support capacity, we would like to appoint an additional e-learning specialist as soon as possible.
- Provide daily technical, functional and didactic support on LMS and e-learning tools to ITC teaching staff and students
- Work together with teaching and educational staff on instructional design in view of courseware development (e.g. multimedia development, interactive assessment, programming etc.)
- Develop procedures and templates for digital content in the Faculty ITC courses and education.
- Take the lead in digital content development processes.
- Develop and organize digital content using more advanced authoring tools and programming.
- Act as process supporter for the implementation of the Living Textbook in education (part of the Living Textbook is publicly accessible - in view mode: https://ltb.itc.utwente.nl) , which means:
- Guide teachers through the process of the concept map and content development for their study area.
- Develop supporting materials (manuals, website, templates) for users of the LTB.
- Offer support in the development of multimedia material for the study area.
- Are skilled in both IT and educational science
- Have knowledge of and experience with online learning systems, e-learning tools and multimedia
- Are able to translate educational requests into suitable design/functionality
- Have a customer friendly attitude
- Have the ability to build up a network of contacts within the faculty
- Are fluent in English; Dutch language skills are appreciated
- Can communicate with both scientific and non-scientific staff
- Have affinity to work within an international community
- Are proactive and can work under pressure
- Are hands-on and flexible
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please submit your application before 23 August 2020 (choose “apply now” below). Your application has to include (i) a motivation letter and (ii) a detailed CV.
Interviews will be held on 3 and/or 4 September 2020.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be employed for 2 years for 32-38 hours per week. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 2,790.- and € 4,402.- (fulltime), depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Education and Research Technician O profile, level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.