The University of Twente’s (UT) mission is to be the people-first university of technology. In line with this mission, the celebration of the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff is integral to the University's identity. Consequently, the UT also is dedicated to do whatever is necessary to eliminate societal divides that bar certain individuals, or groups, from access to new technologies, the skills to use them, equality of opportunity, inclusiveness, health and well-being. To ensure that the University’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is embedded throughout all aspects of the University and its operation, the UT invites applications for the position of Diversity & Inclusion Officer. The officer will be responsible for developing, coordinating, leading and supporting efforts to embed the core institutional values of diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the UT community, staff & students, business practices, and programming.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Designs and develops innovatives, D&I strategies and initiatives with proven impact
- Develops policies, communications, and other resources to establish best practices for diversity and inclusion
- Specifically, is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that
- enhance cultural competencies,
- promote cultural pluralism/internationalization,
- work to reduce ethnic polarization, and
- gender, age, sexual orientation and health inequity
- Engages with the whole university, all faculties and service departments (e.g. Centre for Educational Support, Human Resources, Marketing & Communication, Strategy & Policy) for enhancing and integrating diversity and inclusion into existing and developing processes and practices.
- Is responsible for developing and monitoring various practices, strategies, and initiatives related to diversity and inclusion and assisting the UT in the implementation
- Builds partnerships and relationships to influence and manage change in support of diversity and inclusion within and beyond the university
- Obtains, reviews, and analyses data related to diversity and inclusion
In view of the combination of tasks as outlined above, the successful applicant has:
- A MSc degree;
- 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, delivering and/or evaluating activities, programs, and services related to diversity and inclusion;
- Experience in leading diversity and inclusion initiatives, community relations, and training;
- Experience in leading (project)teams;
- Positive leadership skills: Abilities to coach, empower, inspire and support co-workers;
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated experience promoting dialogue, partnership and collaboration among community members and beyond;
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data to support monitoring and decision-making;
- An orientation towards results with ability to manage multiple complex projects with a wide variety of (senior) stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong oral communication skills in Dutch. Strong oral and written communication skills in English (level C1).
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact Annemiek Baars, email@example.com (053-489 1021) or Netty Kollen, firstname.lastname@example.org ( 053-489 2228). Please submit your application before August 20, 2020 (see link below) including a motivation letter and a current CV. The interviews will take place in the week of August 24th, 2020. A reference check or an assessment may be part of the procedure.
We offer a challenging 0,8 ft position in an inspiring and international environment. The appointment will initially be for a two-year period with the prospect of extension. Your salary will be based on your background and relevant experience and will be max scale 12 (max € 5.826,-- gross per month). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a solid pension scheme, an 8% holiday allowance, and an 8,3% end of year bonus. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO).
The University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology’ we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech, Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people and society through the sustainable utilization of science and technology. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains:
- Improving healthcare by personalized technologies
- Creating intelligent manufacturing systems
- Shaping our world with smart materials
- Engineering our digital society
- Engineering for a resilient world
‘The University of Twente is the ultimate people-first university of technology. We empower society through sustainable solutions.’ Mission University of Twente
UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE. HIGH TECH HUMAN TOUCH
The Human Recourses (HR) department has a proactive and facilitating role within the University of Twente and supports the Executive Board, the faculties and the services. The service works on optimization of the entire work field and the further development and implementation of a broad contemporary (digital) HR set of tools. In the upcoming years, the focus will be on, among other things, the following themes: the further elaboration of the new UT Shaping 2030 strategy, recruitment, the new strategic orientation on recognition and appreciation in academic education and research, and a solid continuation of the existing HR practices. Performing these tasks is the responsibility of the three HR departments: Advice, Policy and Services.