Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS), the Department of Applied Mathematics has a vacancy for one new Assistant Professor (f/m) in mathematical statistics.
We seek for the most talented individual to strengthen our department in any one of the above areas, with the idea to expand the current strengths of the statistics group also in new directions. We invite interested candidates to explore whether Twente is a potential match, via the website of the mathematics department and the website of the statistics group! We particularly encourage female applicants to apply.
As an Assistant Professor
- You develop your own identity as a mathematician and are encouraged to attract national or European research grants to support your research line;
- You are actively involved in teaching and contribute to the development of our curriculum;
- The lectures are in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite, but naturally a long term goal;
- Young staff members spend the first few years of their employment 33% on teaching and 67% research; later, the standard division is 50/50.
- You hold a PhD in Mathematics or a closely related field;
- You have an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, shown by publications in high rank journals, or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential;
- You have good communication skills and you are an inspiring teacher;
- You have an excellent command of the English Language.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button before 31 July 2020, and include your curriculum vitae, a list of publications and your research and teaching statement.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and plenty of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with hardworking colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda. On the campus, there are plenty of possibilities for interdisciplinary collaborations;
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after positive evaluation one year after appointment ;
- A tailored made starting package;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 5.826 (scale 12) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme;
- The 30% ruling might be applicable as well, which can result in max 30% of the gross salary as a tax-free cost allowance.
The starting date is as soon as possible.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.