The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team at the University of Twente is looking for a project manager to work closely together with the scientific project coordinator to ensure a smooth progress of these projects and relieve the administrative and managerial burden on our researchers.
The project manager monitors implementation of the project and is responsible for setting up the project procedures, including writing the project manual, as well as coordinating the project administration, including keeping track of, and reporting on, budgets. The project manager coordinates the project deliverables in a timely manner, and will organize and prepare all project meetings.
In some projects the writing of the ethics deliverables or communication and dissemination activities are part of the project manager’s task as well. Depending on the project portfolio, coordinating multiple projects at the same time can be requested.
The project manager is:
- The first point of contact for funding institutions and partners in the project
- The first point of contact for external stakeholders
- Responsible to facilitate progress in the project, including internal and external communication
- Responsible for setting up all project procedures in order for the project to run smoothly.
- Responsible for the organization of project meetings, taking minutes and coordinating follow up of action points
- Responsible for monitoring and periodic reporting of the project
- Responsible for the overall management information of the project, including Quality Assurance
- Responsible for keeping archives of the project in line with the requirements of the funding institution
- In some projects responsible for the organization of dissemination activities and development of communication materials.
- You have an academic background and shown affinity for research, innovation and technology
- You have strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (both written and spoken)
- You can work independently and in a team, you are service oriented and reliable
- You show willingness to work flexibly, travel abroad and are able to meet tight deadlines
- You have good planning skills and are able to apply these in the environment of an international project
- It is an advantage if you have experience in project management and knowledge of European and national funding schemes, including their rules and regulations.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For information about this vacancy please contact drs. J. van Loon, head of the Project Management Office (phone +31-6 28371944), email email@example.com
Please submit your application before July 24, 2020 by filling in the form including a motivation letter and current CV (choose ‘apply now’ below).
Interviews will be held online:
- Week 32/33: Selection round 1 with the Selection Committee
- Week 34: Selection round 2 with the Selection Committee including the coordinators for the specific projects
We offer a challenging a fulltime position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. The successful candidate will be employed for the duration of 2 years with possibilities for a permanent contract afterwards, depending on performance and (match with) the project portfolio.
Your gross monthly salary can vary between € 2.790,- and € 5.127,- depending on your background and relevant experience. This salary is according to scale 10 - 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, an 8% holiday allowance, and an 8,3% end of year bonus.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team helps to increase the economic and social impact of the UT by connecting excellent UT research with society and the market (both nationally and internationally) in an effective and distinctive way. SBD specifically contributes to the university's broad valorization objective by increasing and broadening the number of strategic and sustainable partnerships with companies, funds, Top Consortiums for Knowledge and Innovation (TKIs), non-profit organizations such as hospitals, and governments (regional, national and international).
SBD acts proactively, creates and responds to opportunities where they arise in order to generate impact and realize the ambitions. SBD acts on the demand of society and helps scientists in the initial phase of collaborations. SBD also provides expertise to the UT organization and its stakeholders for shaping the collaboration, so that it ultimately lands within the relevant faculties and/or research groups.
SBD believes in the power of collaboration both within and outside the university. SBD’s role is one of facilitation, while also providing direction and coordination as necessary, all in close collaboration with research institutes, faculties, research centers, Novel-T, HTT, and other parties. The SBD organization consists of a Grants Office, Corporate Impact Development, and project management pool. The team sources external expertise as necessary. SBD ensures that the expertise is available for making such collaborations work.