The department Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) is involved in research and education with regard to the use of technologies to support health and wellbeing. We develop, evaluate and implement theory-based interventions to influence behaviours, using persuasive technologies (web-based, mobile, gaming etc.). We work both from a psychology and an engineering perspective and cooperate with other scientific disciplines, based on the Vision 2030 of the University of Twente.
The Department of Psychology, Health, and Technology (PHT) at the University of Twente is currently seeking for an assistant professor (F/M, 1 FTE) in the area of health psychology and technology.
Technology plays an important role in health psychology. The use of eHealth and mHealth holds important promises to bring public health activities and interventions in somatic and mental health care closer to the everyday life of recipients, enables personalization and includes innovative methods for explicit and implicit behavioural change. Embracing of health psychology technology also includes inventive approaches to train well-informed, approachable health professionals who are able to work with tailored interventions. Technology-based interventions need evaluations in often complex real-life settings, such as single case designs and ecological momentary assessment. But they also provide other kinds of data, like email, social media, logdata, or biometric data, that ask for innovative methods of analysis. You are experienced in applying methodologies to work with these kinds of data. In the offered position, you will contribute to education and research in this exciting new field. As a teacher, you will work for the Bachelor Psychology (e.g. Health Psychology & Applied Technology; Psychological and Professional Skills) and for two Mastertracks: Health Psychology & Technology as well as Health Sciences. Furthermore, you will supervise Bachelor and Master theses.
In your research, you contribute to the interdisciplinary research domain ‘health, well-being and technology’ in both the faculty Behavioural, Management, and Social Sciences and the university-wide TechMed Centre. You will focus on the design of engaging technologies to promote health and well-being and/or the use of technology in advancing research on change processes in such interventions. You will carry out research in close cooperation with partners from the domains of both public health and health care. Applying for research grants, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and PhD supervision belong to your tasks.
- You hold a degree in psychology and a PhD, preferably in psychology;
- You have experience in design and/or research in interventions in public health and/or health care, ideally utilizing innovative technologies;
- You are an experienced teacher, holding a University Teaching Qualification or an international equivalent and you are able to teach psychological and professional skills to Bachelor and Master students;
- You are an interdisciplinary team worker, collaborating with scholars from different backgrounds in social sciences and technology, having excellent network skills;
- You have an excellent publication and presentation track record in peer-reviewed international journals;
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- You are fluent in English.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact dr. Christina Bode, email@example.com ; tel. 053-4896044. Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and two names of potential references) online before 5th June 2020 to the University of Twente, at the attention of prof. dr. Gerben Westerhof. Job interviews will be held on 10th - 11th June 2020.
You will be appointed for two years, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- Starting salary between € 3.637,- to € 4.978,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Ongoing professional and personal development programs, including facilities in obtaining an University Teaching Qualification;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while we strongly encourage collaboration with close colleagues and other university staff;
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behaviour, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society. Research is strongly connected to our institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.