Examples of research topics can be found in, but are not limited to, the fields of heat transport, heat transformation and heat storage in equipment with complex geometries, porous structures or advanced materials. Further examples are the research on interactions of heat transfer with (chemical, sorption) reactions and phase changing processes (solid/liquid/gas).
The Professor will also be involved in teaching at both Bachelors and Masters level, in the Mechanical Engineering and Sustainable Engineering Technology programmes.
Working in close cooperation with the other professors in the Faculty and Department, the candidate will play a leading and inspiring role in strengthening and broadening our fundamental research portfolio and teaching programs in sustainable technology engineering. As such, applicants will be selected based on their potential to initiate and lead novel scientific research, develop and contribute to modern educational programs and invest in international networks.
The successful appointee will be expected to:
- be an outstanding scientist within the field of heat transfer and thermodynamics, with a focus on fundamental aspects of multiscale and multiphase heat transfer in reacting flows in combination with advanced thermodynamics (theoretical, numerical, and experimental);
- have a clear and inspiring vision on the future development of the field;
- have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivates student-learning (You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this);
- be an excellent and inspiring teacher and coach, with an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and with managerial skills that can make a difference;
- be actively involved in the relevant academic networks and able to engage with both science and industry;
- be able to demonstrate a track record in successfully obtaining grant funding;
- • have strong communication skills in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- A full-time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent benefits;
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world;
- Excellent research facilities;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A family-friendly institution, offering support for (the careers of) partners and family.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.