- Develop a rigid-body / flexible body model of the foot and the shoe, to link measured pressures to pressure profile on the skin;
- Determine required sensor locations to get sufficient information for acquiring the full pressure profile;
- Develop an EEM-model of the foot which enables translation of the surface pressures to internal pressures in the soft tissues.
What we are looking for is a candidate who:
- Is highly motivated to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Holds a doctorate degree in biomechanics or mechanics, or in a related field;
- Has experience with rigid body modelling and Finite Element Modelling.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
If you want to obtain additional information or have questions, please direct these to prof. Bart Koopman (email@example.com) or Edsko Hekman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- An 18-months postdoc position;
- A gross salary between € 3.255,- and € 4.274,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) is one of the five faculties of the University of Twente. ET combines Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Design Engineering. Our faculty has approximately 1800 bachelor and master students, 400 employees and 150 PhD candidates. The departments of the faculty cooperatively conduct the educational programmes and participate in interdisciplinary research projects, programmes and the research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.