We are looking for excellent enthusiastic scholars to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. The HBE department is a growing research group that holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences. We conduct cross-disciplinary business research, supporting organizations in innovative management and decision-making.
We are looking for talents with the background and/or interests in an interdisciplinary field of Human Resource Management and Artificial Intelligence /data analytics. We perform ground-breaking research combining various themes such as talent management, smart-industry, innovation management, technology based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, corporate finance, HRM, and leadership. We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom!
We invite a successful candidate to join our forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your home subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise. Join our team and strive to have a significant and balanced impact on science and society.
You contribute to our academic profile, and to healthy, safe and friendly work climate. You will
- carry out results-oriented business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different fields;
- improve your home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- (co-)teach and/or coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, and Business & IT;
- guide students from these programs in their graduation assignments;
- develop expertise in novel data driven research methods and work jointly with the BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets for research);
- co-supervise PhD students.
- show vision and results-oriented drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- have knowledge and expertise in general and/or specific domains of HRM and AI/ People Analytics;
- hold a PhD degree in a relevant background (HRM, OB, Sociology of Work, AI-related, People Analytics), and have experience in research, which is apparent from various professional communications, and other academic activities;
- strive to make an impact in education and science;
- are active in academic and professional networks;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to acquire this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher;
- want to work for 0,8 - 1,0 FTE.
We offer 1-year appointment that, when positively evaluated, will lead to a permanent appointment. The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.746 to € 6.317 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile Assistant or Associate Professor. In addition, the employment conditions include 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year, proven pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.
Information and application
For more information on this position you can contact prof. dr. T.V. (Tanya) Bondarouk, email: email@example.com. Please include a full resume with references, before 1st of September 2021.
About the department
The HBE-department is one of four departments at the faculty. It is essentially an ambitious and steadily growing high-tech business school that merges business and entrepreneurship with tech innovation and social sciences to help companies and business people impact society. Research covers a broad spectrum of topics, such as the use of advanced mathematics to optimize logistics operations, boosting the use of Artificial Intelligence in the industry, design of inter-organizational information systems, training purchasing professionals, etc. For more information on these departments, see: https://www.utwente.nl/en/bms/organization/departments-institutes/#department-clusters
About the organization
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. By means of 'social engineering', we are here to integrate these advances in society. As a people-first tech university, we align these advances with the needs and behaviour of humans. We ensure proper public and private management as well as robust, inclusive and fair organisational structures. The faculty of BMS does this by developing, transferring and applying high-quality knowledge of Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Science, Philosophy, Educational Science, and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines is challenge-based. The BMS research programmes are directly linked to our research institutes: Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, the TechMed Centre and the Digital Society Institute.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.