The University of Twente is seeking a project leader to coordinate and implement the new sustainable mobility plan, developed as part of the Sustainability Policy for operational management. The mobility projects are a direct result of our new Strategy Shaping 2030. Specifically, the reduction of UT’s CO2 footprint by 15% in 2023 and the ambition to become a sustainable organisation by 2030.
Campus & Facility Management
The position falls under the Sustainability, Energy & Environment programme (SEE), managed by the Environment and Sustainability Policy Officer and is situated in the Policy & Projects team of the Campus & Facility Management. Your line manager is the director of Campus & Facility Management. Important stakeholders are the Green Hub, the management of faculties, Health, Safety and Environment coordinators of the faculties and supporting service units, and HR.
Your role & tasks
- Coordinating the implementation of the mobility plan written as a result of the Sustainability Policy for operational management
- Develop and analyse the mobility survey for employees and student of UT focused on commuter travel and business travel
- Following on from the mobility survey, research the options to gauge the opinion of the UT community more frequently, for example by means of a mobility panel
- Guide the development and implementation of a travel check to stimulate students and employees to make sustainable mobility decision
- In 2022 coordinate implementation of a ride-sharing pilot in collaboration with Netmobiel
- Design and organise activities in the area of mobility that contribute to reach UT’s sustainability goals of reducing CO2 emissions
- Develop a CO2 compensation plan for UT with options fitting for the various faculties
- Investigate opportunities for funding and submit proposals
- Joint development of projects and activities in alignment with SEE Programme stakeholders and in collaboration with the SEE support group, SEE working group and the Green Hub
- Contribute to strong communication on sustainability by writing short texts and articles on mobility for the website
- You can think and work at an academic level
- Strong affinity with mobility and sustainability. Knowledge in the area of sustainability/ mobility desirable
- Proactive person, starter & finisher
- Experience with initiate, shape and implement projects
- Analytical skills, knowledge of statistical analysis (for surveys)
- You have excellent social skills, and are enthusiastic, driven, and able to win others over for your
- You have good English speaking and writing skills, and you speak Dutch, or are willing to learn
We offer a parttime position for 8 to 16 hours a week in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. The successful candidate will be employed for the duration of 1 years (with a probation period of 2 months) with the possibility of extension.
Your gross monthly salary will be € 2.700,- minimum and € 4.474,- maximum (based on a fulltime position), depending on your background and relevant experience.
This salary is according to scale 8 until 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent secondary employment conditions, such as an 8% holiday allowance, an 8,3% end of year bonus and facilities for professional and personal development.
Information and application
For information about this vacancy please contact ms. Brechje Marechal, Policy Officer for Environment and Sustainability (phone +31-53-4891855), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application until 10 September 2020 (inclusive) by filling in the form including a motivation letter and current CV (choose ‘apply now’ below).
Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
This position is also open to freelancers.
Job interviews will take place in the week of September 20, 2021.
About the department
The University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious mission (Shaping 2030): as the ultimate people-first university of technology, we empower society through sustainable solutions. As part of the Sustainability Team, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better, and contributing to a fair, sustainable, digital society. As a university we will lead by example, taking sustainability as a precondition in everything we do. Our drive to bring out the best in people means that we encourage healthy work-life choices, for instance, through our flexible, customizable conditions. Our magnificent, one-of-a-kind, green campus provides the ideal setting for all of this. At the UT, you can be sure that your job matters – and that you do, too.
About the organization
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.