The NCK days are the annual conference of the Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research and this year’s edition was hosted at the Grolsch Veste in Enschede, organized by the University of Twente. Vera’s presentation titled ‘The wave overtopping flow over grass-covered flood defences’ gave a very nice and comprehensive overview of her PhD research on the impacts of wave overtopping on dike failure. In this research, she made use of detailed numerical simulations in OpenFOAM to calculate the failure probability of grass-covered flood defences. This research offers new methods to study the effects of innovative dike covers that can make coastal defences more climate proof.
Monday 4 April 2022
More recent news
- Fri 24 Jun 2022Rapport onderzoekscommissie aanpak Ring Zuid (24-6-2022)
- Thu 23 Jun 2022Integration of shared transport at a public transport stop: mode choice intentions of different user segments at a mobility hub
- Mon 30 May 2022Article in UToday: Ride along
- Thu 28 Apr 2022A comprehensive analysis of the relationships between the built environment and traffic safety in the Dutch urban areas
- Tue 19 Apr 2022Strukton Simulator Training at SOMA