In spring 2023, ET published its Research STrategy 'Engineering for Impact' for 2023-2028.
The title summarises our ambitions. Impact: to contribute to solving societal challenges. Engineering: developing the tools that enable societal solutions. Impact is usually not achieved by engineering alone. It is the result of a collaborative process, involving all stakeholders in the challenge addressed. With collaboration we will build on our existing strength in integrating use-inspired research with industry, governmental bodies, and societal institutions.
In this, we focus on our 5 strategic research themes Resilience Engineering; Sustainable Production, Energy & Resources; Intelligent Manufacturing Systems; Asset & Maintenance Engineering; and Personalised Health Technology. Our five research themes have a close connection to the scientific themes of the University of Twente.
The core elements of the strategy are:
- Integrated approach research & education
- Research quality
- Societal impact through large, international multi-disciplinary research projects
- Increased visibility of ET impact through Open Access publications and (social) media attention
- Scientific Integrity, Ethics, Knowledge Security and Research Data Management policies implemented
- Inclusive talent recognition and rewarding
- Increased financial transparency