- The student should get acquainted with the ongoing research in the chairs of Embedded Systems (ICD, SCS, CAES, DACS, PS, RaM, FMT). See https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/research/#institutes.
- Approximately three months before the start of the final thesis the student should contact a staff member of the ongoing research for a final thesis (see 1).
- Educational affairs must have the individual study programme of the student before the start of the individual project. The form is on: https://www.utwente.nl/en/emsys/programmeinformation/forms/.
- The graduation project starts with the final project preparation (10 ec; course code 201600017) as preparation for the final project (30 ec; course code 192199978).
- At the start of the graduation project the first supervisor will compose a thesis committee with at least three members with (a) one or two of the members from the research group where the research is conducted, (b) one member from another research group related to the embedded system master.
- Within a month after the start of the final project a description of the master thesis project must be sent to educational affairs (BOZ-EMSYS-CES@utwente.nl). The form is on: http://www.utwente.nl/en/emsys/programmeinformation/forms/.
- Four weeks before the thesis defense the thesis committee sends “green light” to educational affairs and the student has to contact educational affairs.
- One week before the thesis defense the committee receives a pdf and a hard copy of the final thesis.
- Your master thesis report must be uploaded in a central database. See: http://essay.utwente.nl/upload.html.
- At the graduation ceremony the student has approximately 30 minutes to present his/her work and 15 minutes for Questions & Answers. Finally the student receives (probably) the diploma.
Details in Forms, rules, regulations
- 30 June 2016: the individual project (10 ec; course code 191211749) is replaced with final project preparation (10 ec, 201600017)