On this page, you can find all the information about De-enrolment and refund of tuition fees.
You have to make a de-enrolment request in Studielink.
- If you want to de-enrol immediately after graduation, make your de-enrolment request in the month of graduation. Following your de-enrolment request, you will be de-enrolled as of the first day of the month
- You can never be de-enrolled with retrospective effect.
- Your de-enrolment request in June, July or August will not be accepted, you don’t have the right to get repayed the tuition fee for those months.
- If you request for de-enrolment on 1 December or 1 February, and you have paid by digital authorisation in instalments, you still need to pay a small amount of tuition fee as 1 instalment covers 2.4 months and 2 instalments cover 4.8 months. More information can be found on our website about the refund.
- If you are leaving The Netherlands don't forget to de-register at the municipality you are registered.
- Once you de-enrol yourself, you will receive an email from the IT Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the expiration of your student account. At the end of the month of your de-enrolment, your student account and email will be withdrawn. (For example, if you are de-enrolled by the 1st of December, your account will be withdrawn on the 30th of December) It is important to save all important details from your email account before the account expires.
- When you are no longer registered at the University of Twente, you are no longer entitled to a student grant from DUO. This applies to the lending right, the right to public transport and possibly a supplementary grant. In addition to de-registration via Studielink, you must sign off for student finance yourself via My DUO. If you did receive student finance in a certain month, but it turned out that you were not registered, a debt will follow which DUO will ask you to repay in the short term. If you have any further questions about this, please contact DUO.
See more information here about refund of tuition fees on de-enrolment.
- You make a de-enrolment request in Studielink on the 1st of September, you will be de-enrolled at the University of Twente by the 1st of October.
- Your graduation is scheduled for October 31 and you want to de-enrol by the 1st of November. You have to make a de-enrolment request in Studielink in October!
- You graduate on November 4 and you make a de-enrolment request in Studielink on December 1. We will de-enrol you by the 1st of January.
- In July and August, you will not be de-enrolled. Your request for de-enrolment in Studielink in June, July and August will not be accepted by CES Student Services. As from the 1st of September of the next academic year, your enrolment will be ended legally.